Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Rumors about new regulation part II

Rumors about new regulation part II

Old Jan 17th 2002, 8:05 am
Tom Ling

I've heard some rumours said that CIC was going to release part II of the new
regulation on Feb 9th. The new regulation part II is basically about permanent
residents' rights. It is believed that permenrnant residents will no longer enjoy
some of the benefits they have now. For example, if they attend school, they will be
treated as international students and pay the same amount tuition as international
students do.

There are other rumours say the reason CIC set the passing score so high is because
they want keep Chinese and Indian applicants out of the country. Since the majority
of newcomers come from the above two countries, Canadian government wants to do
something to balance the scale. Visa officers will be granted more discretion power
in order to bring more people into Canada from east European countries. Therefore,
some people consider the new rule as " White Canada Policy".

I would definitely think those rumours are bullshit if I heard it before Dec 17th,
2001. However, what do you know? They already came up the unfair RETROACTIVITY. How
much faith you have left?

Old Jan 17th 2002, 9:28 am
Amazed

Regarding the first point I would say that the possibility of us (PRs) having less
rights is ridiculous. Actually come to think about it, it does not sound so bad
because I will also stop PAYING taxes like REAL Canadians. Why should I as a PR get
less while paying as much as any Canadian!!!!!

>
    >
    >
will
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
is
    >
    >