Wikiposts

RPRF Fee - Confused??

Old Aug 24th 2006, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold
Default RPRF Fee - Confused??

With the medical request letter I received last week I have been asked to send some additional info/fees.
I am slightly confused about the fee I am required to pay.

Back in 2004 when I applied I sent a bankers draft for the sum of $1,525
($550 for principle applicant processing fee)
($975 for Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) - a refund of $485 I have not claimed yet.)

With my medical paperwork the Immigration Officer has check marked the box "Payment of Right of Permanent Resident Fee(s) meaning 'Send Payment'

Is this the fee I already paid in my initial payment of $1,525 ???
I actually thought I had paid all the fees (exc the medical fees).
Can anybody shed some light on this for me please, I don't want to hold up my application by NOT sending the payment and also I don't want to pay something I've already paid!!

Thanks
Old Aug 24th 2006, 9:43 am
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: RPRF Fee - Confused??

Originally Posted by pinzo
With the medical request letter I received last week I have been asked to send some additional info/fees.
I am slightly confused about the fee I am required to pay.

($975 for Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) - a refund of $485 I have not claimed yet.)

With my medical paperwork the Immigration Officer has check marked the box "Payment of Right of Permanent Resident Fee(s) meaning 'Send Payment'

Can anybody shed some light on this for me please, I don't want to hold up my application by NOT sending the payment and also I don't want to pay something I've already paid!!

Thanks
CHC can make mistakes, Our friends that went out in MAY were also asked for this payment and they had all ready paid it at the start too, all they did was send back the receipt (copy) explaining that they had all ready paid it.

Wonder if we can ask for the intrest back too...lol
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: RPRF Fee - Confused??

Originally Posted by Sutherlands
CHC can make mistakes, Our friends that went out in MAY were also asked for this payment and they had all ready paid it at the start too, all they did was send back the receipt (copy) explaining that they had all ready paid it.

Wonder if we can ask for the intrest back too...lol
Thanks Sutherlands,
I was rather hoping that it was a mistake. I have already dug out a very dusty copy of my receipt showing I paid $1525. I shall copy it and send along with my other paperwork. I guess the worst case senario would be they send it back requesting payment.

Next question then: What is ROLF? I have often seen than on threads here.
Thanks again.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sutherlands,
I was rather hoping that it was a mistake. I have already dug out a very dusty copy of my receipt showing I paid $1525. I shall copy it and send along with my other paperwork. I guess the worst case senario would be they send it back requesting payment.

Next question then: What is ROLF? I have often seen than on threads here.
Thanks again.
Right Of Landing Fee - also known as RPRF
Old Aug 24th 2006, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

RodseyUK will become famous soon enoughRodseyUK will become famous soon enough

Thanks
$1525 is/was the total fee for 1 person only.

Are you the only member of you family listed on your application as going to Canada?
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi RodseyUK,
Yes, I'm the only person moving, no dependents/spouse.

Thanks

Originally Posted by RodseyUK
$1525 is/was the total fee for 1 person only.

Are you the only member of you family listed on your application as going to Canada?
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, thats what was confusing me...RPRF/ROLF!
So that means I have already paid all fees minus the medical fees.

Thanks all for clarifing this for me.

Originally Posted by Dying to leave England
Right Of Landing Fee - also known as RPRF