RPRF Fee

Old Jan 13th 2020, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

TheHiltons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RPRF Fee

Hi,

We are applying via Express Entry, we're also PNP applicants, approved by Alberta and applying from the UK. We submitted and got our AOR on the 2nd November 2019. Medicals passed on 11th November 2019, Biometrics completed on 27th December 2020. We had our request for RPRF towards the end of December and paid it the next day. Our file seems to show wording that would indicate we're in the IP2 stage.

Can anybody advise what would still need to be done with our application? It doesn't appear to say eligibility passed and it says background is in process. Would you say we're pretty much there?

Desperately wanting to book a trip out for Easter to look at schools/homes whilst our son is off school, but don't want to go until we know we have our visas!

Thanks
Old Jan 13th 2020, 7:38 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RPRF Fee

Originally Posted by TheHiltons
Hi,
HI

We are applying via Express Entry, we're also PNP applicants, approved by Alberta and applying from the UK. We submitted and got our AOR on the 2nd November 2019. Medicals passed on 11th November 2019, Biometrics completed on 27th December 2020. We had our request for RPRF towards the end of December and paid it the next day. Our file seems to show wording that would indicate we're in the IP2 stage.

Can anybody advise what would still need to be done with our application? It doesn't appear to say eligibility passed and it says background is in process. Would you say we're pretty much there?

Desperately wanting to book a trip out for Easter to look at schools/homes whilst our son is off school, but don't want to go until we know we have our visas!

Thanks
1. The quoted processing time from AOR (on line applications) is 6 months.
Old Jan 13th 2020, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

TheHiltons is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks i'm aware the "quoted" processing time is 6 months, I was asking what else would need to be done with our application before approval, is it just the background and security checks outstanding?
Old Jan 14th 2020, 5:37 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Background and security checks, perhaps an updated Schedule A background form to fill in and return, (hopefully you kept a copy when you filled it out) - photos and copies of passports to be submitted; after that it's a case of waiting and hoping that they don't require any further checks or info. Background checks could take a matter of weeks or months - there's no saying how long that piece of string might be, unfortunatelyl you might have to wait a few more weeks to get any updates. Have you tried logging into eCAS or MyCIC? What does it say?

I've seen a few people get letters about pre-arrival settlement services etc., when their COPR's were imminent.. so that may be something to look out for. Once you receive confirmation that your application has been approved it can take 6 weeks for the COPR's to be issued and received. (It's not a visa, it's a Confirmation of Permanent Residence that you activate upon entry to Canada aka 'landing') I wouldn't be booking any flights just yet.
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 14th 2020 at 5:45 am.
Old Jan 14th 2020, 5:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheHiltons
Thanks i'm aware the "quoted" processing time is 6 months, I was asking what else would need to be done with our application before approval, is it just the background and security checks outstanding?
"Just" the background and security checks can take 6 months on their own, or even years. So you could have a way to go I'm afraid.
Old Jan 19th 2020, 10:23 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute

Our EE application looked straightforward on paper but it still took almost 10 months.

You can sign up to the MyImmiTracker website and request your GCMS notes for some more insight, but ultimately neither will speed things up or give you that certainty to be able to book flights at Easter.