RPRF Draft?

Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

love4cananda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RPRF Draft?

Hey guys,

i m new to this forum. I have applied for the PR at the London office (AOR 2005 Feb) and now I have got my medical request (wife and mine)... they hv also asked for the RPRF fee (CAD$ 980 for both of us). Just a quick question - since i m now working in canada, can i get a bank draft made from my local bank payable at any bank INSIDE Canada OR do i have to get an INTERNATIONAL draft made which can be payable at bank in UK (lets say for example: ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND, LONDON, UK)...

Pls advice as i m little confused here... i called up the CIC call centre but they hv asked me to contact the CHC-London office!!

Thanks!
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:43 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RPRF Draft?

Here is the Fees page of the website of the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in London.

They state that they require a bank draft in Canadian dollars. Regardless of the country in which the bank draft is drawn up (and regardless of the nationality of the bank that draws it up), the bank draft must clear through a Canadian bank (that is, it must be a Canadian bank that ultimately pays the Receive General for Canada, who is the recipient of these fees).

Usually banks have reciprocal relationships with banks in other countries. Just by way of example (a hypothetical case that I do not even know to be true), Barclays Bank might have an arrangement whereby their bank drafts made out in Canadian dollars clear through the Bank of Nova Scotia in Canada.

But, since you already are in Canada, you do not have to jump through any hoops to find a bank whose bank drafts would clear through a Canadian bank. You can go to any bank in Canada and ask it to make out a bank draft to the Receiver General for Canada in the amount of X Canadian dollars. Then courier that bank draft to CHC London.

The fact that the issuing bank is a Canadian bank and the fact that the value of the bank draft is expressed in Canadian dollars, means that the bank draft will clear through a Canadian bank. Therefore the bank draft will comply with CHC London's requirements.

Hope that helps.