RPRF bank draft payable to....?

Old Jan 24th 2012, 7:37 pm
  #1  
Outsyder Adventurer
Thread Starter
 
misskatpaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Kamloops, BC...since Sept 2012
Posts: 485
misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Question RPRF bank draft payable to....?

Hi,

I'm away from home at the mo & don't have the paperwork with me, but would like to order the draft so it arrives Thurs or Fri when I'm home.

Does anyone have their paperwork in front of them? Can you confirm who I make it payable to?

It's the RPRF for PR under the FSW, wil total $980CAD for two adults.

Thanks, Katie
misskatpaw is offline  
Old Jan 24th 2012, 7:48 pm
  #2  
Outsyder Adventurer
Thread Starter
 
misskatpaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Kamloops, BC...since Sept 2012
Posts: 485
misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: RPRF bank draft payable to....?

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Hi,

I'm away from home at the mo & don't have the paperwork with me, but would like to order the draft so it arrives Thurs or Fri when I'm home.

Does anyone have their paperwork in front of them? Can you confirm who I make it payable to?

It's the RPRF for PR under the FSW, wil total $980CAD for two adults.

Thanks, Katie
"Receiver General for Canada", I think I have established....
misskatpaw is offline  
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:20 pm
  #3  
Outsyder Adventurer
Thread Starter
 
misskatpaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Kamloops, BC...since Sept 2012
Posts: 485
misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: RPRF bank draft payable to....?

Ok, my second post to my own initial question

The Government of Canada website states;

A bank draft / bank cheque is a cheque issued by a bank payable to a person, in this case the Receiver General for Canada. The name of the Canadian bank that will pay the Receiver General for Canada will be written on the cheque.

And

This office does not accept:

Canadian dollar drafts where the “clearing bank” is not in Canada (check with your bank if you are unsure)


My question is, are these things as standard when ordering a draft from a big UK bank like HSBC? Did anyone else ask their bank at the time of ordering their draft, if the clearing bank was in Canada?

Thanks
misskatpaw is offline  
Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:35 pm
  #4  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 4,483
Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RPRF bank draft payable to....?

The clearing bank will be shown on the cheque. I have never seen one where it was not located in Toronto.
Jim Humphries is offline  
Old Jan 24th 2012, 11:44 pm
  #5  
Outsyder Adventurer
Thread Starter
 
misskatpaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Kamloops, BC...since Sept 2012
Posts: 485
misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: RPRF bank draft payable to....?

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The clearing bank will be shown on the cheque. I have never seen one where it was not located in Toronto.
Thanks Jim, that's reassuring to know. Will prob go ahead and order in the morning.

Katie
misskatpaw is offline  
Old Jan 25th 2012, 12:17 am
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
CANADIAN CARPERS's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 410
CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: RPRF bank draft payable to....?

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Hi,

I'm away from home at the mo & don't have the paperwork with me, but would like to order the draft so it arrives Thurs or Fri when I'm home.

Does anyone have their paperwork in front of them? Can you confirm who I make it payable to?

It's the RPRF for PR under the FSW, wil total $980CAD for two adults.

Thanks, Katie
Got mine yesterday from HSBC Canada, $980 for 2 adults. I did question why they only put receiver general and not receiver general for Canada as I asked. We print these cheques every day, receiver general is just fine. She better be right.
CANADIAN CARPERS is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2012, 9:32 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
CanadianDreams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Langely, BC
Posts: 218
CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RPRF bank draft payable to....?

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Got mine yesterday from HSBC Canada, $980 for 2 adults. I did question why they only put receiver general and not receiver general for Canada as I asked. We print these cheques every day, receiver general is just fine. She better be right.
So i'm about to ask a stupid question.....Did you get the draft made out in dollars?

If i'm using NATWEST, i would ask for a bank draft made payable to
"Receiver general for Canada"

Thanks
Anna
CanadianDreams is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2012, 10:31 am
  #8  
Outsyder Adventurer
Thread Starter
 
misskatpaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Kamloops, BC...since Sept 2012
Posts: 485
misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: RPRF bank draft payable to....?

Originally Posted by CanadianDreams
So i'm about to ask a stupid question.....Did you get the draft made out in dollars?

If i'm using NATWEST, i would ask for a bank draft made payable to
"Receiver general for Canada"

Thanks
Anna
Hiya,
Yes I've asked for it to be made out in Canadian dollars, $980 dollars worth.

I've just had a right fright this morning too about this whole scenario. My med request letter arrived on 5/1/12. I glanced at the date on the letter & assumed it was dated 4/1/12 like the envelope postmark. However I've just realised today that the letter is dated 4/12/11!

This means it took them a whole month to post it and it's eaten into the 60 day time limit to return the police checks & bankers draft. So I'm on about day 55 today and expecting draft to arrive today or tomorrow.

So anyone reading this...check your med request letter date!!

Last edited by misskatpaw; Jan 27th 2012 at 10:35 am. Reason: Blasted iPhone typing
misskatpaw is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2012, 10:51 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
CanadianDreams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Langely, BC
Posts: 218
CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RPRF bank draft payable to....?

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Hiya,
Yes I've asked for it to be made out in Canadian dollars, $980 dollars worth.

I've just had a right fright this morning too about this whole scenario. My med request letter arrived on 5/1/12. I glanced at the date on the letter & assumed it was dated 4/1/12 like the envelope postmark. However I've just realised today that the letter is dated 4/12/11!

This means it took them a whole month to post it and it's eaten into the 60 day time limit to return the police checks & bankers draft. So I'm on about day 55 today and expecting draft to arrive today or tomorrow.

So anyone reading this...check your med request letter date!!
Oh no! Why did it take a whole month did it come via canadian slow mail?

Just checked and ours is 9th Jan...Phew!

Have you got everything else ready so you can post straight away?

Just ordered our bank draft..... £18 for the privildege and 2-4 working days to arrive!

Good Luck
CanadianDreams is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2012, 12:34 pm
  #10  
Outsyder Adventurer
Thread Starter
 
misskatpaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Kamloops, BC...since Sept 2012
Posts: 485
misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: RPRF bank draft payable to....?

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The clearing bank will be shown on the cheque. I have never seen one where it was not located in Toronto.
Originally Posted by CanadianDreams
Oh no! Why did it take a whole month did it come via canadian slow mail?

Just checked and ours is 9th Jan...Phew!

Have you got everything else ready so you can post straight away?

Just ordered our bank draft..... £18 for the privildege and 2-4 working days to arrive!

Good Luck
My draft has arrived this aft.
It is an HSBC draft, hand-written with all the relevant info. It does specify HSBC Bank Canada, International Services, 70 York St, Toronto.

This has gotta be the clearing bank. So breathing a sigh of relief. Must stop thinking too much about things and worrying!
misskatpaw is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2012, 12:48 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
CanadianDreams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Langely, BC
Posts: 218
CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RPRF bank draft payable to....?

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
My draft has arrived this aft.
It is an HSBC draft, hand-written with all the relevant info. It does specify HSBC Bank Canada, International Services, 70 York St, Toronto.

This has gotta be the clearing bank. So breathing a sigh of relief. Must stop thinking too much about things and worrying!
Ummm i have a little worry as the banker asked me where it is being posted to and i said with all my other paper work to High Commission London?!!
CanadianDreams is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:17 pm
  #12  
BE Enthusiast
 
CANADIAN CARPERS's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 410
CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: RPRF bank draft payable to....?

Originally Posted by CanadianDreams
So i'm about to ask a stupid question.....Did you get the draft made out in dollars?

If i'm using NATWEST, i would ask for a bank draft made payable to
"Receiver general for Canada"

Thanks
Anna
Yes Anna get the cheque made out in $$$$$ to receiver general for Canada. I used Santander in the UK for the initial application fees and had no problem getting them to use dollars.
CANADIAN CARPERS is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.