Rprf

Old Jul 25th 2004, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

canseco1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RPRF - Mr. Miller, please.

Hi, experts.

I am a Korean who applied for Canadian PR. I am currently in the U.S. as a graduate student that I applied via Buffalo.
I have a question regarding Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). I got the file number in July, 2003, and got interview waiver and medical papers in May, 2004. At that time, the Consulate asked for several additional documents including proof of funds, letter from current employer, etc. I sent all the documents in late May, and am waiting for the passport request.

On a paper that came with the medical papers, they said, "If you haven't paid the RPRF yet, you may do so at this time." I thought that I can pay it when I land in Canada that I didn't pay it. But I recently realized that I should pay it before they can issue PR visa. Thus, I sent it this week. Can late payment of RPRF delay the issuance of passport request? I have been waiting for about 2 months since I sent medical and additional documents, and haven't got the passport request yet. I was told that it usually takes 2 months, and now am worried if it has been delaying the process. Does anybody have idea on that? I hope that I can get it in August.

Thanks.

Last edited by canseco1; Jul 25th 2004 at 7:21 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:01 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RPRF - Mr. Miller, please.

It may have delayed your case a little but they have not yetwritten to you about that so probably not much. It is just possible that you will receive the passport request in a month or so.
Jim Humphries, former visa officer
Originally posted by canseco1
Hi, experts.

I am a Korean who applied for Canadian PR. I am currently in the U.S. as a graduate student that I applied via Buffalo.
I have a question regarding Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). I got the file number in July, 2003, and got interview waiver and medical papers in May, 2004. At that time, the Consulate asked for several additional documents including proof of funds, letter from current employer, etc. I sent all the documents in late May, and am waiting for the passport request.

On a paper that came with the medical papers, they said, "If you haven't paid the RPRF yet, you may do so at this time." I thought that I can pay it when I land in Canada that I didn't pay it. But I recently realized that I should pay it before they can issue PR visa. Thus, I sent it this week. Can late payment of RPRF delay the issuance of passport request? I have been waiting for about 2 months since I sent medical and additional documents, and haven't got the passport request yet. I was told that it usually takes 2 months, and now am worried if it has been delaying the process. Does anybody have idea on that? I hope that I can get it in August.

Thanks.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: RPRF - Mr. Miller, please.

Thank you very much for your answer. I hope that I can get it soon.

Originally posted by Jim Humphries
It may have delayed your case a little but they have not yetwritten to you about that so probably not much. It is just possible that you will receive the passport request in a month or so.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: RPRF - Mr. Miller & Jim Humphries, please.

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries

Dear Experts,

I have sent the RPRF in late July and I checked that it was cashed in September 2nd. Does it mean that my processing is close to the end, or is it just trivial that they just cash it in once they receive it?

Also, I have a delicate question. I am a Korean citizen, and Korean police check requires the IMM5432 (background check form, SHINWON HWAKIN JOEHOE form). Actually, I applied through an agency, and they didn't ask for that when I applied. After the initial assessment in May, the Consulate General asked for additional documents, but that form was not asked at that time even though the form was on the list of possible required documents, i.e. the form was not marked as additional required document. Is it possible that they mistakenly overlooked that I didn't submit that form? I think they should have asked for it if they really need it. I am concerned if that missing document is delaying my process (it has been 4 months since sending additional documents and completing medical). Do you have any idea on this? Even though they didn't ask for it, should I send that document in case that they ask for it in the future, which means more delaying. I'd appreciate any kind of answers. Thank you.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 8:20 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

This is not a form that requires your signature, so it is entirely possible that your agency created one and sent it in with your application. I would not worry at this point as the visa office have already asked for other extra documents and SHINWON HWAKIN JOEHOE is not one they would forget because they need it for processing.

Originally Posted by canseco1
Dear Experts,

I have sent the RPRF in late July and I checked that it was cashed in September 2nd. Does it mean that my processing is close to the end, or is it just trivial that they just cash it in once they receive it?

Also, I have a delicate question. I am a Korean citizen, and Korean police check requires the IMM5432 (background check form, SHINWON HWAKIN JOEHOE form). Actually, I applied through an agency, and they didn't ask for that when I applied. After the initial assessment in May, the Consulate General asked for additional documents, but that form was not asked at that time even though the form was on the list of possible required documents, i.e. the form was not marked as additional required document. Is it possible that they mistakenly overlooked that I didn't submit that form? I think they should have asked for it if they really need it. I am concerned if that missing document is delaying my process (it has been 4 months since sending additional documents and completing medical). Do you have any idea on this? Even though they didn't ask for it, should I send that document in case that they ask for it in the future, which means more delaying. I'd appreciate any kind of answers. Thank you.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

amina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Have you been staying in different countries prior to your application? Security/Background checks could have contributed to the delay. Again,
you need the big P which is PATIENCE.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

lancesan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amina
Hi,

Have you been staying in different countries prior to your application? Security/Background checks could have contributed to the delay. Again,
Hi,

In the letter requesting for your payment, is there a time frame specified withiin which you should pay? If I'm not mistaken, in the letter I received, it said I should pay within 30 days, otherwise they would assume that I am not interested in pursuing my application. Just a thought.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
This is not a form that requires your signature, so it is entirely possible that your agency created one and sent it in with your application. I would not worry at this point as the visa office have already asked for other extra documents and SHINWON HWAKIN JOEHOE is not one they would forget because they need it for processing.

Thank you for your answer. It is not the form that requires my signature, but it needs one photo of mine. But I hope that the visa office has somehow applied for my background check with other documents. I hope that it would not be a delaying factor. Thanks.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by amina
Hi,

Yes, I have lived in Korea for 21 years and in the U.S. for 6 years. For the U.S., I submitted a FBI police check record when I applied. Is there any possibility that they can ask for an update for it?
Now, what I'm concerned is the Korean police check part. Korean government doesn't issue the police check record to an individual person. They issue it only when asked by other government or so. I heard that it usually takes 2 to 3 weeks for it to be issued in Korea. I hope that it is not the delaying factor. Thanks. I need to have more patience.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by canseco1
Thank you for your answer. It is not the form that requires my signature, but it needs one photo of mine. But I hope that the visa office has somehow applied for my background check with other documents. I hope that it would not be a delaying factor. Thanks.
Photos were supplied with the application or it would be been returned to sender. You are worrying way too much.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

mdjieugoue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rprf

I have just been asked to pay the RPRF, which I do not understand why since I already paid that fee back in April 2005. Also, the amount they are requesting is 1950 CAD even though I am applying by myself (my child was born in toronto) and I am divorced.
Does this make sense to anybody?
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 12:41 am
Mission Accomplished !

bubbleface will become famous soon enoughbubbleface will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Rprf

Originally Posted by mdjieugoue
I have just been asked to pay the RPRF, which I do not understand why since I already paid that fee back in April 2005. Also, the amount they are requesting is 1950 CAD even though I am applying by myself (my child was born in toronto) and I am divorced.
Does this make sense to anybody?
No it doesn't. But it's best to send in a fax and ask them directly. If they made a mistake, they will correct it.