Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Which route to take? Recent Graduate

Which route to take? Recent Graduate

Old Jul 25th 2011, 4:15 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which route to take? Recent Graduate

Originally Posted by marwaha.ks
So why the steep price increase in relation to CIC?
No idea what you are talking about
Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

marwaha.ks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Aviator
No idea what you are talking about
Hi there, I need some help with the visa form, on the "Details of Intended Work in Canada" I'm unsure of which to select out of
"From the list, select the type of work permit you are applying for:
International Experience Canada Program
Live-in Caregiver Program
Open Work Permit
Other
Seasonal Agricultural Work Program
Within the framework of the IEC initiative, please select “International Experience Canada Program”."

I've tried both "open work visa" and International Experience Canada Program however it wants an address of intended work - but i have none, so I'm unsure on how to proceed.

I've been using this http://www.international.gc.ca/canad...ICforms-en.asp and that tells me to only complete question 1 and 4, but its not letting me do that? Is something wrong with the pdf?
Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by marwaha.ks
Hi there, I need some help with the visa form, on the "Details of Intended Work in Canada" I'm unsure of which to select out of

I've tried both "open work visa" and International Experience Canada Program however it wants an address of intended work - but i have none, so I'm unsure on how to proceed.

I've been using this http://www.international.gc.ca/canad...ICforms-en.asp and that tells me to only complete question 1 and 4, but its not letting me do that? Is something wrong with the pdf?
Oops just figured it out, needed to delete the whole section and start again!

I have completed both Forms, one about myself and another about my family? is those the only two forms i fill in? This seemed kinda of easy?

Last edited by marwaha.ks; Jul 25th 2011 at 3:01 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Hey guys, just applying for jobs now, Kinda stuck to be honest, I absolutely do not know what to say to the employers on the phone, like do i ask for the manager? do i speak to the receptionist? I've read on the Wiki that I'm not supposed to ask for job vacancies straight away.

It feels weird that I'm calling them, how do i chose the companies, at random or look at the job boards online then call those companies.

I really want to work for a hospital as their technical support manager, or something like that, however the hospitals have job boards online, and i have been applying but hearing next to nothing from them. should i phone them up and ask to speak to the Dean?

Thanks in advance, i appreciate you guys taking the time out to help me!
Old Jul 28th 2011, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

A good way is to ask to speak to who is in charge, and say you're looking for work. If they seem uninterested or you can't get through to the manager, you can still ask for the managers email address, which you can forward your resume to.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
A good way is to ask to speak to who is in charge, and say you're looking for work. If they seem uninterested or you can't get through to the manager, you can still ask for the managers email address, which you can forward your resume to.
Thank you, I shall try that tomorrow, Canadian time 10am our time 6pm! I'll let you know how it goes!