which route?

Old Sep 8th 2016, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

mumto5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which route?

Hey everyone, I am hoping to move to Canada with my husband and our five children. I have been a full time mum for the past 8 years and my husband has worked in the building restoration business for over 16 years. He also started working as a football scout recently and is looking into training to be a football coach.
I am a qualified nursery nurse and have been applying for jobs in Canada I was told if I got my credentials recognized then I would have a very good chance at getting a job. I have looked on the www.pnpapplication.gov.bc.ca website and the Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada site for getting in on the skilled worker program but because I haven't worked for the last 8 years it doesn't look like I can get in through this .
My husband's work in the building trade won't help either . So I don't know how to go about it ?
Could I get in if I had a job offer? what savings would we need?
sorry lots of silly questions I'm just finding it very frustrating
Also we will have a place to stay as we will live with my inlaws so accommodation would be sorted lol
thanks
Lisa
Old Sep 8th 2016, 7:40 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which route?

Originally Posted by mumto5
Hey everyone, I am hoping to move to Canada with my husband and our five children. I have been a full time mum for the past 8 years and my husband has worked in the building restoration business for over 16 years. He also started working as a football scout recently and is looking into training to be a football coach.
I am a qualified nursery nurse and have been applying for jobs in Canada I was told if I got my credentials recognized then I would have a very good chance at getting a job. I have looked on the www.pnpapplication.gov.bc.ca website and the Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada site for getting in on the skilled worker program but because I haven't worked for the last 8 years it doesn't look like I can get in through this .
My husband's work in the building trade won't help either . So I don't know how to go about it ?
Could I get in if I had a job offer? what savings would we need?
sorry lots of silly questions I'm just finding it very frustrating
Also we will have a place to stay as we will live with my inlaws so accommodation would be sorted lol
thanks
Lisa
Hi and welcome to BE.
Start by having a good read of the Wiki section. It's the forth tab from the left on the blue bar above. It contains a wealth of information and should answer most, if not all of your questions. When you have done that come back with specific questions. Good luck in your journey.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 10:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Can I suggest you have another read of your previous thread? Loads of info in there and we looked at your visa options - that thread should steer you in the right direction.

As for savings, for a FSW app you'd need to show at least $32,191 as a family of seven, and then add on perhaps another $10k for the visa process for all of you including medicals etc.

HTH, good luck.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

mumto5 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the replys x