Ritalin

Old Feb 24th 2021, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Jensen123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ritalin

My 15 year old son has been diagnosed as having ADHD and been prescribed with Ritalin.

Could this go against him ever being able to emigrate to Canada from the U.K.?

thank you
Old Feb 24th 2021, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ritalin

I suggest you read this link as this determines who and how persons can be found medically inadmissible to Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ssibility.html
Old Feb 24th 2021, 4:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jensen123
My 15 year old son has been diagnosed as having ADHD and been prescribed with Ritalin.

Could this go against him ever being able to emigrate to Canada from the U.K.?

thank you
Ritalin shouldn't be an issue, I don't know how much it would cost in Canada but can't see it being over the excessive demand amount. Does he have any other treatment or help though, i.e. in school or similar?

Also, how would he be emigrating, with you on your application, or are you by any chance sponsoring him?
Old Feb 24th 2021, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Jensen123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your answer.

Although my son is highly intelligent and come across very well he has issues with focussing sometimes.

I’m concerned that if it’s on his record that he takes Ritalin that that could go against him if he decided to emigrate to Canada when he’s older.
Old Feb 24th 2021, 5:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jensen123
Thanks for your answer.

Although my son is highly intelligent and come across very well he has issues with focussing sometimes.

I’m concerned that if it’s on his record that he takes Ritalin that that could go against him if he decided to emigrate to Canada when he’s older.
As above, it shouldn't if that's the only thing he needs for his ADHD. But again, how would he be moving? As not all routes to PR have the 'excessive demand' requirement, so it may not be relevant anyway.
Old Feb 25th 2021, 6:58 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

The link from FL indicates the following in regards to the excessive demand cost:
$102,585 over 5 years (or $20,517 per year)

I've had a very very quick google, and found this: https://pricingdoc.acfp.ca/pricing/c...cat=Psychiatry
It's from Alberta, and lists Ritalin as having a 90-day cost of $60. If my math is correct then that would be about $243 a year, and so that is $1215 over 5 years.

If we compare it to Vyvanse, which is $260 per 90-days, then it would be about $1054 per year and so $5272 a year.

So that is under the $20k per year by a fair bit. Obviously this does not mean that they might turn their noses up at it, but one would like to think as just that one drug isn't going to be a massive cost, they might be ok.