Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

The right way to live in Canada???

The right way to live in Canada???

Old Aug 27th 2002, 7:35 pm
Julien Barbieux

Default The right way to live in Canada???

Hi everybody

I'm at the moment attending my last year of engineer school in France and I would
like to raise the maximum amount of informations about the way to go live and work in
Canada (West Coast) with my girlfriend.

Please give me some links!!!!

Thanks very much

Julien

Old Aug 28th 2002, 3:21 pm
Charlotte

Default Re: The right way to live in Canada???

Julien:

If you are asking for information about coming to Canada for a short period of time
to work and travel with your french (or any other nationality than Canadian)
girlfriend, then you should contact the Canadian Embassy in Paris and ask them about
working holiday visas or other programs for students. Usually you have to be under a
certain age (say, 25) and/or a full time student. The requirements vary, but usually
you have to show a return ticket to Canada, your passport and enough funds to support
yourself for the first few weeks (maybe about $1000 cdn).

If your girlfriend is Canadian and and you wish to move on a perm. basis to Canada,
then you will have to marry her and she will have to sponsor you.

If she is NOT Canadian and you are asking about immigrating to Canada, then you will
have to apply as an independent, see
www.cic.gc.ca for info.

goodluck,

charlotte

[email protected] (Julien Barbieux) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Hi everybody
    > I'm at the moment attending my last year of engineer school in France and I would
    > like to raise the maximum amount of informations about the way to go live and work
    > in Canada (West Coast) with my girlfriend.
    > Please give me some links!!!!
    > Thanks very much
    > Julien