Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Right Of Permanent Residence Fee - Paying Later?

Wikiposts

Right Of Permanent Residence Fee - Paying Later?

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 5:57 am
Just Joined

ScottyC will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Right Of Permanent Residence Fee - Paying Later?

Hey, a question for you guys n gals which can hopefully be answered quick smart.

Thankfully i've got the request for my right of permanent residence fee through the post (as no doubt stated by my gf (ChelseaUK) in a thread below .

We chose to pay the fee later - which is a decision that has now come back to haunt me somewhat.

On the document it says:

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn.)
THIS PAYMENT CANNOT BE ACCEPTED IN THE UK. IT MUST BE PAID IN CANADA IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE SPONSORSHIP KIT.

- it also comes with a green leaflet about bankers drafts etc etc etc.

My question is thus:

Can I pay this fee online via the CIC website like I did with the application fees?

i.e. on the web site, put the location of where I am sending my application to Mississauga and go through the process of paying the fee with my debit card (like I did with my application) and then print out the receipt and send THAT back to the CHC London with this letter I got today (within 30 days etc).

Would this be okay? Or do I have to fiddle around with bankers drafts?

I have searched other threads and some seem to concur with my thinking, but I do need to double check this as on the green leaflet it says 'WE DO NOT ACCEPT: Internet payments at missions overseas' .... which kind of threw me a little.

It doesn't really explain this whole 'THIS PAYMENT CANNOT BE ACCEPTED IN THE UK.' thing very well to be honest - so does my sponsor (now in Canada need to do the bankers draft thing then send me something? Or do I get a bankers draft and send it in even tho i'm in the UK?

If its just going through the online payment thing then thats fine, but i'm not 100% sure thats the right thing to do, so thought i'd ask if anyone else did that....

Argh! Confused!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Right Of Permanent Residence Fee - Paying Later?

We paid later too - it was completely painless and added two weeks to our total processing time, not the doom and gloom of months and months that's predicted on here when you mention not paying at the time of submission

We paid (I did actually, the sponsor that is) online and sent a copy of the printout to Mississauga and to London as well as it wasn't clear to us who should be getting the printed receipt. A week later, Mr B's PPR was issued.

So our two week delay was one week for the letter to get to us, and another week for them (still not sure whether Miss/Lond!) to receive our receipt and action the PPR

Originally Posted by ScottyC
Hey, a question for you guys n gals which can hopefully be answered quick smart.

Thankfully i've got the request for my right of permanent residence fee through the post (as no doubt stated by my gf (ChelseaUK) in a thread below .

We chose to pay the fee later - which is a decision that has now come back to haunt me somewhat.

On the document it says:

Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn.)
THIS PAYMENT CANNOT BE ACCEPTED IN THE UK. IT MUST BE PAID IN CANADA IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE SPONSORSHIP KIT.

- it also comes with a green leaflet about bankers drafts etc etc etc.

My question is thus:

Can I pay this fee online via the CIC website like I did with the application fees?

i.e. on the web site, put the location of where I am sending my application to Mississauga and go through the process of paying the fee with my debit card (like I did with my application) and then print out the receipt and send THAT back to the CHC London with this letter I got today (within 30 days etc).

Would this be okay? Or do I have to fiddle around with bankers drafts?

I have searched other threads and some seem to concur with my thinking, but I do need to double check this as on the green leaflet it says 'WE DO NOT ACCEPT: Internet payments at missions overseas' .... which kind of threw me a little.

It doesn't really explain this whole 'THIS PAYMENT CANNOT BE ACCEPTED IN THE UK.' thing very well to be honest - so does my sponsor (now in Canada need to do the bankers draft thing then send me something? Or do I get a bankers draft and send it in even tho i'm in the UK?

If its just going through the online payment thing then thats fine, but i'm not 100% sure thats the right thing to do, so thought i'd ask if anyone else did that....

Argh! Confused!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:32 am
Just Joined

Awesome! Thanks a lot Biiiiink, think i'll do exactly what you did then.

Chelsea says I should follow your advice because you're cool .

ta again!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Hi, Scott!

I've been talking to your lovely girlfriend Chelsea on here for a little while now! She told us today that you received great news yesterday! Congratulations, sounds like it's coming to end end soon! That's awesome!

My boyfriend and I are pretty much on the same timeline as you guys, although I'm having a hard time tracking down my police checks after sending it in after applying - Oops!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and CONGRATULATIONS!

Kate & Robert!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Cheers!

Yeah, i've been checking up on your 'thread of doom' every so often .

Hope it all goes smoothly (and quickly) for you guys..... Can;t wait till all this is done and dusted....

I had high blood pressure BEFORE this all started, so god knows what its like now.

Old Aug 25th 2008, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

beachbug is an unknown quantity at this point

We've just had this in the mail today too. That and a request to know what the Principal Applicant was doing in October of 1990.

Thank goodness we have two months to come up with the additional fee. Funny, the other day we were joking about whether or not Kev would be denied entry at the Halifax airport if he didn't have the Landing Fee we read about when we first started this process. Am I correct in assuming this RPRF is the same as the Landing Fee?

Anywho, we're going to do what is suggested elsewhere on the forum and cross our fingers that it goes through ok. Fee Payment

Regards,
Ali aka Beachbug
Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

This is an old thread from last year, it's best to start your own with a new topic.

You don't get issued with the visa in your passport unless you've paid the RPRF fee (yes, somtimes referred to as landing fee) - so being denied entry at the airport isn't going to happen, you wouldn't get that far without paying the fee first