Right Of Permanent Residence Fee

Old Feb 27th 2013, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

RoMo82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Right Of Permanent Residence Fee

I've just had an email requesting this RPRF for $490, now I don't know if I've forgotten about this fee since I applied for PR last year or if I already paid this when I sent my application in because I remember paying a $500 odd charge right at the beginning for the sponsorship and applicant parts when I submitted the application. Is this not what this RPRF is or is this an additional charge?
The email says I need to send the receipt to Mississauga and I have this original receipt so is that the one I need to send in though I'm sure a copy was included in my application.

Can someone set me straight cos if it is an additional fee I want to pay it ASAP if it helps me get my visa some time in this life!

Many thanks
Old Feb 27th 2013, 10:30 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Right Of Permanent Residence Fee

Assuming you applied as spousal sponsorship and you're the only applicant, the total fee is $1040, so if you only paid $500 last year, then you are missing the second half of the fee which is what they're requesting now.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Roger, thankyou for that. Does this mean I'm nearly at the end of this debacle?

Also how can I pay this, can it be done online or do I have to call up or mail in to the CIC?

Last edited by RoMo82; Feb 27th 2013 at 10:35 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 10:49 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to do it online, then print and send the receipt. (Someone will correct me if this isn't right - I'm almost sure it is though - payment instructions should have been in the email you were sent.)

If they're requesting the fee then probably, yes - what's your timeline?
Old Feb 27th 2013, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Great thanks, I'll check my email again but I'm sure it just said payment must be made in Canada but didn't specify how.
My timeline is:
Applied early Sep 2012, recvd Sep 28, sponsor apprvd and Medical recvd Nov 9th, then nothing till today for RPRF.
I did have to update info when our baby was born on Jan 21 this year, don't know if this pushed things along.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 10:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoMo82
Can someone set me straight cos if it is an additional fee I want to pay it ASAP if it helps me get my visa some time in this life!
Does this mean I'm nearly at the end of this debacle?
I'm intrigued, from what you've said above I'd assumed that you'd been waiting ages for your visa, but you've only applied in Sept?!?

Those on the forum that have been waiting since 2007 for theirs would probably give a limb to swap places with you about now.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah I guess it has been quite quick in the overall scheme of things. I don't know why though, maybe it's because of my newborn in Canada, my military background or a mix of both but it feels like it's taken forever. Hopefuly this will be it though and can get my visa and start applying to Police Forces
Old Feb 28th 2013, 2:47 am
Concierge

Great thanks, I'll check my email again but I'm sure it just said payment must be made in Canada but didn't specify how.
My timeline is:
Applied early Sep 2012, recvd Sep 28, sponsor apprvd and Medical recvd Nov 9th, then nothing till today for RPRF.
I did have to update info when our baby was born on Jan 21 this year, don't know if this pushed things along.
You should be able to pay online, there's an online payment option - click around the site or search on the forum and you should be able to come across the link.

Have a look at this spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...GeVZxYVE#gid=0. It has all the timelines of everyone who has applied or is currently has applications in process. It looks like the September pool of people are having their applications processed now, so it looks like broadly you're on the same track as them.

(Definitely not "waiting ages" - Spousal is the fastest possible route to PR!)
Old Feb 28th 2013, 10:14 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
You should be able to do it online, then print and send the receipt. (Someone will correct me if this isn't right - I'm almost sure it is though - payment instructions should have been in the email you were sent.)

If they're requesting the fee then probably, yes - what's your timeline?
Hi,

I paid online but have been told that bar coded receipts will not be accepted by London VO or any VO outside Canada. I have had my online payment refunded. Not sure whether the applicant we are all referring to is in Canada or not?

Regards

Andrew
Old Feb 28th 2013, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Well I paid it online no problems and it says that since its been done online, I don't need to send the receipt in to the Mississauga CPC but I did email London back to confirm this, should my eCAS update to show this payment?
Old Feb 28th 2013, 10:48 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Well I paid it online no problems and it says that since its been done online, I don't need to send the receipt in to the Mississauga CPC but I did email London back to confirm this, should my eCAS update to show this payment?
Not sure about Ecas, but they would not have refunded my fee if I was able to send the receipt to London. As I said, if you are in Canada applicant, then online payment is fine. I think its crazy, as the Bankers Draft is cashed in Canada anyway, so why not accept a credit card payment receipt, would make it easier all round I would have thought.

Andrew
Old Feb 28th 2013, 10:50 pm
Concierge

We applied outland and paid online with no issues, but then again, we paid the whole $1040 up front. You can pay online if you apply outland... but I'm not sure if it's only if you are paying it all at the beginning and not paying the additional $490 later.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah that's how I read it as it said you can pay it at any point in the process so I'm sure it will be fine.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

GazGsm1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a bankers draft made out to the Receiver General, here in the UK. Never thought about credit card tbh. If you're outside Canada, I would say bankers draft.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

astopal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All I am new to this forum and it very helpful,,,,
I m pakistani applicant applied in March 2011, NOC:4152
recently i received medical no PCC and rprf, but in interview they ask for PCC which i didn't bring as they ain't mention in interview letter, so the VO told me to send it later, after a month of interview i got medical call i did medical yesterday, many of my senior friends told me that u should also send RPRF, an PCC, so I make both fresh1. now a little doubt that some ppl suggest don't send,(Ist)They didn't ask for it wait for their call(2nd) where will u send???
as MY VO is London i attend an interview in Abu Dhabi, an also received medical call from Abu Dhabi after one month.
Now plz advise me should i send them both or wait for their call and if send then which VO London or Abu Dhabi??
plz plz need ur help