Right of Perma Residence Fee

Old Jun 2nd 2018, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

jimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Right of Perma Residence Fee

Hi all,

We just received a message telling us to pay for the RPRF within the next 7 days. I thought we didn't have to pay this part until our application was successful.
I don't see anything in there that states our application has been approved, just that the medical was passed.

We have now paid it, assuming the request for payment can only be good news, but appears to contradict what the CIC site says in regards to when you need to pay for things if it has not been approved yet.

Last edited by jimmynoshoes; Jun 2nd 2018 at 12:39 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Right of Perma Residence Fee

Processing is at an advanced stage. If you don't pay it within the timeframe given your application will be refused. If your application is refused for some other reason, the RPRF will be refunded.
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 10:24 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

If it helps, they asked me to pay it with no other kind of application update last summer however they also requested an RCMP check against me at the same time. A few weeks after submitting the RCMP document we received COPR.

Basically you're not totally out of the woods yet but it's safe to assume that you're coming to the end of the process. I think the process is simplified in our case because we don't usually need to send in passports like a lot of other nationalities do. You'll be amazed at how lo-fi the COPR actually looks.

Last edited by DigitalGhost; Jun 2nd 2018 at 10:26 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

jimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond repute

Surprisingly fast if we are coming towards the end of the process. If anything we've read online is still the standard, it would seem potentially 3-4 weeks to go, provided no setbacks. A lot faster than the 6 months!

How come you needed to submit a RCMP check? Had you been living in Canada prior to applying?
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 11:21 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmynoshoes
Surprisingly fast if we are coming towards the end of the process. If anything we've read online is still the standard, it would seem potentially 3-4 weeks to go, provided no setbacks. A lot faster than the 6 months!

How come you needed to submit a RCMP check? Had you been living in Canada prior to applying?
No, our application took about 6 weeks too. That's pretty standard these days if you're a UK citizen, your application is being processed by London and there are no problems or legal concerns. The longer wait times usually seem to apply to applications from within Canada or for people from parts of the world that aren't on the kind of terms with Canada that the UK is (e.g. the middle East).

In answer to your question, yes we used to live in Toronto. There must have been a flag for someone with a similar name to me or it was a random spot check.
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 9:40 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed Jimmy, let us know your progress. We received an ITA in the same round as you I believe although we have not yet been able to submit our application due to having to push our medicals back because the NHS didn’t post some medical notes we needed in time. We have them now so all good.

Hearing how quickly your case appears to have been processed gives me hope that ours might be as well as we should also be a fairly straight forward case to deal with.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

We thought the medical might have been an issue for us but turns out we need not have worried. They really must only be looking for serious and expensive issues like the Dr said. Hopefully yours will go smoothly like ours. Be interesting to see if your medical goes differently to ours in terms of questioning.

I'll likely update my diary type thread once there is another update to say how the process is all going etc. If it is any help as well, they told us they did not require any additional docs within the first few days, and advised on medical being passed after a week or so.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 8:17 am

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute

We have ours booked later in June in Manchester so I’ll report back as to how they went and the questions asked. On their website it says you need to bring:

Copies of up-to-date hospital reports/letters concerning any significant health issues from the previous 5 years, if relevant”

When I initially phoned up to book them, the office manager contradicted that information and said we needed to bring medical records for any serious conditions we’ve ever had. This threw a spanner in the works because my wife (the PA) had a serious condition but it was in 2009 and she has been free of it since then. Being as we were going off the advice on the website (their website) we hadn’t done any prep work to get hold of the records like we had with all the other paperwork we needed.

This meant we had to contact the hospital where she was treated and start the process of getting her records (and she’ll out another £50!) Due to the inevitable bureaucracy we then encountered the records didn’t come before the date the medicals were due so they had to be pushed back.

We have some of the records now but not all because of the NHS’s policy of destroying records after a certain length of time. Maybe that’s why it says 5 years on the website and the office manager is wrong!

Last edited by crofty82; Jun 3rd 2018 at 8:47 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 8:25 am
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by crofty82
We have ours booked for 18th June in Manchester so I’ll report back as to how they went and the questions asked. On their website it says you need to bring:

Copies of up-to-date hospital reports/letters concerning any significant health issues from the previous 5 years, if relevant”

When I initially phoned up to book them, the office manager contradicted that information and said we needed to bring medical records for any serious conditions we’ve ever had. This threw a spanner in the works because my wife (the PA) had a serious condition but it was in 2009 and she has been free of it since then. Being as we were going off the advice on the website (their website) we hadn’t done any prep work to get hold of the records like we had with all the other paperwork we needed.

This meant we had to contact the hospital where she was treated and start the process of getting her records (and she’ll out another £50!) Due to the inevitable bureaucracy we then encountered the records didn’t come before the date the medicals were due so they had to be pushed back.

We have some of the records now but not all because of the NHS’s policy of destroying records after a certain length of time. Maybe that’s why it says 5 years on the website and the office manager is wrong!
Where was that? Nuffield Health?

That's nonsense tbh. Around 8-10 years ago I suffered from intermittent allergic reactions that the NHS could never fully diagnose but the last one occured roughly 8 years ago and I have lived in Canada temporarily since then.

It didn't come up on my medical for PR at all and wasn't a problem. Like their website suggests, it's only stuff from the last 5 years that's a potential concern.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
Where was that? Nuffield Health?

That's nonsense tbh. Around 8-10 years ago I suffered from intermittent allergic reactions that the NHS could never fully diagnose but the last one occured roughly 8 years ago and I have lived in Canada temporarily since then.

It didn't come up on my medical for PR at all and wasn't a problem. Like their website suggests, it's only stuff from the last 5 years that's a potential concern.
Yep, Nuffield. Those were my thoughts exactly Ghost but the woman was so insistent on the phone I thought we may as well get the records to be on the safe side.

I suspect the doctor won’t bring it up on the day, in which case, as it was more than 5 years ago neither will we.

The office manager there is one of the most unhelpful people I’ve ever dealt with in my life but I’m biting my tongue until I see the words “medicals passed” on our account.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 9:15 am
Sidecar Falcon

Yep, Nuffield. Those were my thoughts exactly Ghost but the woman was so insistent on the phone I thought we may as well get the records to be on the safe side.

I suspect the doctor won’t bring it up on the day, in which case, as it was more than 5 years ago neither will we.

The office manager there is one of the most unhelpful people I’ve ever dealt with in my life but I’m biting my tongue until I see the words “medicals passed” on our account.
Was it the Nuffield clinic just near MRI and Manchester University? Tbh we did had our medicals done there last year and didn't have any problems with them although originally they said they wanted payment in advance and then later decided that we could just pay by card on our way out.

The panel physician was extremely professional and friendly though and the exam itself wasn't intrusive at all. The whole thing was over in about 10-15 mins.
Old Jun 3rd 2018, 7:00 pm

Was it the Nuffield clinic just near MRI and Manchester University? Tbh we did had our medicals done there last year and didn't have any problems with them although originally they said they wanted payment in advance and then later decided that we could just pay by card on our way out.

The panel physician was extremely professional and friendly though and the exam itself wasn't intrusive at all. The whole thing was over in about 10-15 mins.
That’s the one. Fingers crossed our experience is as positive as yours! Will be able to report back soon.
Old Jun 4th 2018, 11:23 am
Sidecar Falcon

That’s the one. Fingers crossed our experience is as positive as yours! Will be able to report back soon.
I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck.
Old Jun 7th 2018, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Colin_N is an unknown quantity at this point

No, our application took about 6 weeks too. That's pretty standard these days if you're a UK citizen, your application is being processed by London and there are no problems or legal concerns. The longer wait times usually seem to apply to applications from within Canada or for people from parts of the world that aren't on the kind of terms with Canada that the UK is (e.g. the middle East).

In answer to your question, yes we used to live in Toronto. There must have been a flag for someone with a similar name to me or it was a random spot check.
How can you tell which office is processing the application?
Old Jun 7th 2018, 10:30 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by Colin_N
How can you tell which office is processing the application?
There is a way to do it but I can't remember. It's been nearly a year since I submitted our EE application.

It will be the visa office that emails you when they're ready for you to submit your final photos for COPR though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.