Ridiculous Question

Old Jan 11th 2008, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ridiculous Question

Originally Posted by edsask
It depends, I think. When I got back from visiting my-then gf in the US, they said I had to wait 4 weeks before giving blood again. That was in Edinburgh.
No, I meant if you've received a transfusion in the UK, you can't donate in the UK any more.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 5:39 pm
rolling uphill

edsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
No, I meant if you've received a transfusion in the UK, you can't donate in the UK any more.
Ah, sorry.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 6:21 pm

Canada Jane has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Batfink
Hi everyone!

We have an AOR of Jul 05 so are expecting to hear from CIC anyday now (although am not holding my breath - just in case!).

My ridiculous question is this (please don't laugh at me for being so stupid!): when you have your medicals - are tattoos mentioned at all. Do they document how many you have and where etc....? Am thinking of getting another one - but will hold off if this will be an issue.

Thank you
Batfink
The actual tattoo is no problem as far as immigration is concerned. You will however have to take an additional blood test at your medical which will incur an additional cost. This is to rule out Hepatitis B.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of

In my medical a few months ago, the doctor mentioned my tattoo and said he had to record it, but I didnt have any more tests. Maybe because I told him I had got it over 10 years ago?

That was the Leeds clinic btw
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Batfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really niceBatfink is just really nice

Thanks everyone. Hadn't even considered that giving blood may be an issue! Don't really mind the extra cost (although am hoping it won't be a large one - cost, not tatto!!), which upon reading this thread i will probably have to incur anyway - so may as well go ahead! Big, fat maple leaf on both butt cheeks here i come!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
I hope you're getting a Maple Leaf tattooed on your butt?
I already have a tattoo of a maple leaf, on the top my left thigh (see avatar)
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adele
I already have a tattoo of a maple leaf, on the top my left thigh (see avatar)
Nice one
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikelesley
That's wrong isn't it really - my OH gives his blood every six months and really enjoys doing it (I think he is a sadist - either that or he likes little P****ks!!) I would of liked to have thought that the blood bank would be a bit like UK and always need topping up? If you have all the tests and everything proves OK why can't you give blood then?
L
I gave blood for 10 years in the UK, from as soon as I was old enough and as soon as I could after the previous time. I'd collected up a nice number of little cards, working my way to Gold of course!

Then moved here. CBS don't want my blood as I'll obviously have CJD / made cow diesease from living in the UK.

When Mr L2S went to give blood in the UK after being in Canada they didn't want it because he would obviously have West Nile.

At least we can both sleep at night saying that we tried
Old Feb 7th 2008, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

nagajara is on a distinguished road

They will take your organs though?!?!