Returning resident proof

Old Jan 2nd 2010, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Cracker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Returning resident proof

I have already landed for 2 weeks-but returned to the UK to work.
Last week, I returned as a permanent resident proper.
My question is this= all i got at the airport was a stamp in my British passport-is that all that's needed to prove the start of my residency? Or should the PR card get swiped or something?

I eventually wish to become a citizen-so do i just show this passport stamp as proof?
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 10:02 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning resident proof

You started your resident status when you landed and were just returning so there is no more ceremony than the stamp on entry. The PR card is for the convenience of air lines on pre-boarding assessment of your right of entry to Canada.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of
Default Re: Returning resident proof

Cracker,

For a future citizenship application, you are 100% responsible for keeping track of your entry and exit from Canada.