Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Returning to Canada without PR card

Returning to Canada without PR card

Old Jun 24th 2010, 6:30 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Returning to Canada without PR card

Hello. My family's PR cards have expired and renewals were applied for however as the delay in getting renewal PR cards out to existing PRs is almost 6 months, our PR cards may not be issued to us before we have to leave Canada on vacations and business trips to the States this year. All trips will be land entries back into Canada by car (not commercial transit). Can anyone tell me what proof of PR is required for us to be able to get back in again?

I have looked on the CIC website and it says that we can get a document issued declaring our PR status from their National Headquarters however nowhere can I find the contact details of the National Headquarters to apply for this document .

Our passports contain our Landed Immigrant visas, we have copies of our PR cards, both adults hold Firearms cards (PAL - which has gained me entry to Canada previously when I forgot to take my PR card), drivers licences, SIN and OHIP cards. Will these documents be enough to gain entry back into Canada? Or is there a specific form we can fill in prior to leaving Canada during the summer? If so, where do I get it from please?

Many thanks!!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 6:33 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning to Canada without PR card

Hello stranger!

Paper ROLF form in your passport is fine if you are driving yourself over the border. They may give you a hard time, but if you have your old card and proof you are stuck waiting it shouldnt be too bad.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 6:41 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Hello there! Hope all is well with you and yours (please send my apologies to L - we were away when she phoned and I didn't have the info anyway)

Many thanks for info; so old PR cards and old Landing Visa should hopefully do the trick? Hoping not to get any grief at the border. I had no idea of the time delay for renewals so I hadn't applied earlier for new PR cards .
Old Jun 24th 2010, 6:48 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Hello there! Hope all is well with you and yours (please send my apologies to L - we were away when she phoned and I didn't have the info anyway)

Many thanks for info; so old PR cards and old Landing Visa should hopefully do the trick? Hoping not to get any grief at the border. I had no idea of the time delay for renewals so I hadn't applied earlier for new PR cards .
Yes, by rights the paper form in your passport is really all you need. PR card is just for commercial carriers to verify your status.

We are all good. Hope life is treating you well.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 6:56 am
Premium Member

Many thanks Iain .

Yes, yes, life is treating us great! The business has grown from strength to strength and has been far more successful than we could ever have imagined all those years ago.

Take care and maybe I'll find myself on here again in another few years.