Returning to Canada from US

Old Feb 4th 2002, 4:08 pm
Dhiraj Verma

Dear Experts and all audience, I'm s/w professional. I worked in Canada in1996-97,
then received my Canadian PR in 97, I came to US(Dallas) on H1B visa. I would like to
go back to Canada and stay there continually as I have now still better offers from
employer. I understand that by 183 rule my PR goes in "abandon status" Tell me Sir.
Is it worth to try land in Canada by Air and see if I can still legally enter canada
and there by establish my status again.

If not then, What would be the process to get EA be cause I have 2 genuine offers.

Sincerely DV

Old Feb 4th 2002, 5:09 pm
Hello

The only option is to re-apply for PR if you want to apply for PR again - or go for
temporary work authorization. As you did not maintain PR status requirements - the
visa officer at the entry post can deny you entry or refer your case to a judge - and
even then from what you have indicated you don't have grounds to prove you maintained
ties with Canada.

>
    >
Canadian
    >
Canada
    >
employer.
    >
Is it
    >
canada