Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Returning to Canada.... immigration advice?

Returning to Canada.... immigration advice?

Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

UKCamaroSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Returning to Canada.... immigration advice?

Hi,

My wife and myself are looking at the possibility of moving to Canada in early 2009.

I hold dual citizenship; Canadian (born in Toronto to UK parents) and British. My wife is a British citizen only.
I left Canada in 1999 and lived and worked in England until 2006, at which point I was seconded to my company's Italian headquaters based in Milan, Italy. We sold our UK home and have been in Milan (work paid apartment) since 2006. Both my family and that of my wife live in Europe, none in Canada.

I am a manufacturing (Production) manager, however I have no diploma etc.... just high school, plus on the job training. We are both in our late 20's, so do not have huge financial savings and so far, no canadian banking history.

My question's:
Is it possible for me to apply to sponsor my wife, whilst I am not in Canada... I would of course go to Canada once (if) the application was approved?

Do I need Canadian banking history to pass the sponsorship process?

As we have no "home" does this make it easier to prove our intentions about entering Canada as primary residence?

Any help / thoughts are greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
UKCamaroSS
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:20 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Returning to Canada.... immigration advice?

As a Canadian citizen you may sponsor your spouse while living abroad, providing that you sign declaration of intention to move back to Canada and document your preparations for such move.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

UKCamaroSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Returning to Canada.... immigration advice?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
As a Canadian citizen you may sponsor your spouse while living abroad, providing that you sign declaration of intention to move back to Canada and document your preparations for such move.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for the reply.

Regards,
UKCamaroSS