return trip ticket required?

Old Sep 12th 2008, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

doggmeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default return trip ticket required?

guys

when traveling as a tourist am i required to show a return trip ticket or is it ok to purchase one way and buy the return leg from toronto? will i be questioned at customs?

thanks for any help!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: return trip ticket required?

Originally Posted by doggmeister
guys

when traveling as a tourist am i required to show a return trip ticket or is it ok to purchase one way and buy the return leg from toronto? will i be questioned at customs?

thanks for any help!
The immigration officer wont let you in if you show one way ticket on a toruist visa??

Part of the requirement is to proof a return ticket. The I/O might deem it as you wont return hence a possibility of turning u away. Dear please buy a return ticket as it is even cheaper then one-way..

Be warn....
Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

doggmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bflava
The immigration officer wont let you in if you show one way ticket on a toruist visa??

Part of the requirement is to proof a return ticket. The I/O might deem it as you wont return hence a possibility of turning u away. Dear please buy a return ticket as it is even cheaper then one-way..

Be warn....
will do, thanks!
Old Sep 13th 2008, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

More to the point, many airlines won't let you board the plane to Canada with a one-way ticket unless you have a suitable visa.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doggmeister
guys

Not legally mandatory but if you are a genuine tourist why on earth would you want to do things this way?

Immigration might well ask the same question.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:16 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
More to the point, many airlines won't let you board the plane to Canada with a one-way ticket unless you have a suitable visa.
British citizens do not require a visa for entry to Canada. Even for work or study purposes, a permit is needed but a visa is not.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
British citizens do not require a visa for entry to Canada. Even for work or study purposes, a permit is needed but a visa is not.
But they need a work permit/study permit/PR visa/etc to board the plane with a one-way ticket with some airlines.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. I'm inclind to agree here.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by roxye3
Interesting. I'm inclind to agree here.
u just need a return ticket if u r a tourist, Work perm, study perm and any other visa needs a return ticket unless, UNLESS you are a PR landing????

This is the truth and the way forward...
Old Sep 13th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

correct me if im wrong, but havent plenty of you only brought a one way ticket and landed ok, and applied for their TWP on landing, with no questions asked???????????
Old Sep 13th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Canada Dreams
correct me if im wrong, but havent plenty of you only brought a one way ticket and landed ok, and applied for their TWP on landing, with no questions asked???????????
I believe some people said they did, but presumably they have all the TWP paperwork if the airline asks any questions. That's different from flying over as a tourist who is expected to leave within six months.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

oh i see sorry
Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

As previously mentioned it's usually cheaper to buy a return anyway. I'm currently researching flight prices for my landing in Vancouver in January - so far it's coming out much cheaper for the return ticket even though I have no plan to use the return leg.

Out of interest, has anyone found cheaper one way tickets? I'm guessing that it's the charter airlines that sometimes have cheaper one way tickets? I don't think it'll work for me when I go over - I'll need the baggage allowance of a scheduled flight, and anyway I'll be going MAN - YVR which in January is now only possible by using connecting scheduled flights, either KLM via AMS or BA or Air Canada via LHR.

But in answer to the original question, as a tourist I'd definitely make sure I had a return ticket, otherwise convincing immigration that you'll leave could be difficult...
Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by adele
Out of interest, has anyone found cheaper one way tickets? I'm guessing that it's the charter airlines that sometimes have cheaper one way tickets?
Air Transat was certainly cheaper one-way than return when I flew over last year, despite the huge one-way surcharge they add on. I think the actual ticket was about the same as a return after the surcharge, but the massive taxes that Gordon Brown sticks on top would have made the return about 100 pounds more expensive.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarkG
Air Transat was certainly cheaper one-way than return when I flew over last year, despite the huge one-way surcharge they add on. I think the actual ticket was about the same as a return after the surcharge, but the massive taxes that Gordon Brown sticks on top would have made the return about 100 pounds more expensive.
why dont u try BA and maybe you can get your return ticket refunded... Read their ticket n refund policy, i think i swa something but not sure??

try

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.