retruning resident

Old Mar 12th 2007, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

kamalkapila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default retruning resident

Hi, I moved to canada in 1974 with my wife as permanent resident, while we both worked in canada, we applied for canadian citizenship,but did not take oath due to some family commitments. we came back to U.K. 1979 to look after a very sick father-in law, he had a bad stroke and went blind, now he has died few years ago, we have decided to go back to Canada. we also have visited canada each year since 2004, company I worked in Canada .have just offered a job Can I just go and applied for pr card in canada, or try to apply for returning permit in London, to see if we still have permanent status.
Please advice .
kkk
Old Mar 12th 2007, 11:29 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: retruning resident

Returning Resident Permit doesn't exist anymore since 2002.

You have lost your PR status if you haven't been in Canada for at least 730 days in past 5 years. You need to re-apply for PR visa again, providing of course that you qualify.

But before you do so you must apply for Travel Document - during that process determination of loss of status will be made, allowing you to re-apply for PR visa.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 12:54 am
Just Joined

kamalkapila is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Andrew, I can qualify with 67points, how long will it take to for PR status, as I am now 54. Can I apply for PR in canada.
thanks KKk
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:23 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

67 points is enough to apply but will not be enough if pass mark goers up during the process. And without arranged employment approved by HRSDC it will be a very long process, about 5 years in UK. Your age will be a negative factor here and be more important than your points anyway.