Wikiposts

Residency via EE or PNP

Old Apr 11th 2017, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Richb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Residency via EE or PNP

Hi All

Sorry more queries

I am a GP and engaged with Healthmatch BC and have had my licence to practice issued

Next stage is get a job then PNP nomination and come to Canada on a TWP

We want residency and Healthmatch have said they will support and guide this but only if we go down the PNP route to achieve this and it may take 12-18 months

If we use Express Entry they are not able to assist. Looks like this route will be quicker so my queries

(1) Is Express entry quicker?
(2) Is there any reason not to do this route other than I will be flying solo with all the admin?
(3) I havent had my degree authorised by the agencies on the CRS score checker. Looks like it will be an extra cost and if I get a nomination I will get 600 points for this. Is it OK to not bother and just state I havent had my education validated? I scored over 800 points with the extra from a PNP nomination so should get an invite with this?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 11th 2017, 8:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency via EE or PNP

It seems very odd to me that Healthmatch won't help with an EE app? There is a specific EE stream under the BC PNP for healthcare applications, so are you absolutely sure you're not misunderstanding them? Not that you need them to help you, but it seems a bit odd to me that they'd insist on a paper based application when you're perfectly eligible for EE and it would be much quicker, and they even have a stream specifically for this purpose!

Originally Posted by Richb1970
(1) Is Express entry quicker?
Yes, much. You can check processing times on the CIC website but expect about 6-8 months for an EE app (only the PR part, you'll need to add on the PNP nomination part to the whole timescale), and 16-18 months for paper based PNP apps.

(2) Is there any reason not to do this route other than I will be flying solo with all the admin?
Not that I can think of. As you're going with a family, I'd recommend it actually, can't see why you'd want to wait longer to get PR, particularly given your children's ages and the fact that if you do an old fashioned paper based app it'll take much longer so they might age out and/or not be able to work for all that time.

(3) I havent had my degree authorised by the agencies on the CRS score checker. Looks like it will be an extra cost and if I get a nomination I will get 600 points for this. Is it OK to not bother and just state I havent had my education validated? I scored over 800 points with the extra from a PNP nomination so should get an invite with this?
It's not mandatory for PNP apps, but you do need to be in the pool prior to applying under BC PNP EE - https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...e-Professional

So to get in the pool in the first place you'd normally need an ECA. Worth also noting that you also won't get any points under the PNP if you don't have an ECA, so it will depend on if you're scoring enough without? I would assume you'd be fine as you'll be earning enough to score top marks on the salary section (I assume), and the skill level section etc, but best to check just in case.

Tbh, in the grand scheme of things the ECA cost is a drop in the ocean when it comes to the tens of thousands it'll cost most families to move, so I'd just go ahead and get it done anyway.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 11th 2017 at 8:31 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Richb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It seems very odd to me that Healthmatch won't help with an EE app? There is a specific EE stream under the BC PNP for healthcare applications, so are you absolutely sure you're not misunderstanding them? Not that you need them to help you, but it seems a bit odd to me that they'd insist on a paper based application when you're perfectly eligible for EE and it would be much quicker, and they even have a stream specifically for this purpose!
Nope its pretty clear!! The email I got and I quote (with their use of capitals)

NOTE:Health Match BC DOES NOT support sapplication through Express Entry BC

DOES NOT is in red writing too

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It's not mandatory for PNP apps, but you do need to be in the pool prior to applying under BC PNP EE - https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-t...e-Professional

So to get in the pool in the first place you'd normally need an ECA. Worth also noting that you also won't get any points under the PNP if you don't have an ECA, so it will depend on if you're scoring enough without? I would assume you'd be fine as you'll be earning enough to score top marks on the salary section (I assume), and the skill level section etc, but best to check just in case.

Tbh, in the grand scheme of things the ECA cost is a drop in the ocean when it comes to the tens of thousands it'll cost most families to move, so I'd just go ahead and get it done anyway.

HTH.
I have all I need for PNP other than a police check, medical is next week. There is a website called physiciansapply.ca that validates medical credentials its being used in a lot more territories now. I have already got that sorted. I have had a look after reading through and the Medical Council of Canada is on the list as a designated organisation - they run physicians apply so my education has already been assessed I guess.

From what I am reading it looks like there is an Express entry PNP route and just a PNP route?? They look pretty much identical to me so why two routes and why one that takes much longer?!?!?!

I had thought I could use healthmatch with PNP to get a work permit and then use express entry to sort my residence? I wonder if I am better just heading down Express Entry PNP route? If I chose this would I still be issued a PNP in the 2-3 months so I can get a work permit and get across?

Its so confusing!

(PS thanks so much for all the advice you have been spectacularly helpful and it is greatly appreciated)
Old Apr 12th 2017, 8:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Nope its pretty clear!! The email I got and I quote (with their use of capitals)

NOTE:Health Match BC DOES NOT support sapplication through Express Entry BC

DOES NOT is in red writing too
How very peculiar! Can't see why it makes any difference to them how you apply, unless they just want you tied to your employer for longer maybe?

I have all I need for PNP other than a police check, medical is next week. There is a website called physiciansapply.ca that validates medical credentials its being used in a lot more territories now. I have already got that sorted. I have had a look after reading through and the Medical Council of Canada is on the list as a designated organisation - they run physicians apply so my education has already been assessed I guess.
Sounds like it, as long as what you've got is called an ECA then you're good to go on that front.

From what I am reading it looks like there is an Express entry PNP route and just a PNP route?? They look pretty much identical to me so why two routes and why one that takes much longer?!?!?!
Because not everybody that applies under PNP is eligible for EE - only 'skilled' workers can apply that way, so (for instance) a truck driver would have no option but to use the paper based route. Other people may choose to use the non EE route for various reasons (no IELTS required, etc).

I had thought I could use healthmatch with PNP to get a work permit and then use express entry to sort my residence? I wonder if I am better just heading down Express Entry PNP route? If I chose this would I still be issued a PNP in the 2-3 months so I can get a work permit and get across?

Its so confusing!
You can't 'use health match with PNP to get a work permit' on it's own, it will be a complete PNP application so will lead to PR. Either way will get you a work permit in 3 months or so though.

HTH.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you read the BCPNP hand books for both the Express Entry BC and the Skills Immigration streams?

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/BC-PNP-pathways
Old Apr 13th 2017, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Have you read the BCPNP hand books for both the Express Entry BC and the Skills Immigration streams?

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/BC-PNP-pathways
Hi. Yes thanks I have all the info on PNP and think i will go that way as my application will be checked. I don't score many points for EE without a nomination as i am 47!!
Old Apr 13th 2017, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it might be more straightforward.