Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Residency Timeline since the strikes....

Residency Timeline since the strikes....

Old Aug 3rd 2013, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

mamtaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Residency Timeline since the strikes....

Hi, just wondering how peoples applications are going, and if I am, stressing out for no reason.
My experience class application was received Jan, and I have been informed that it has gone to Ottawa. Whenever I check the stage of where my application is at, it just says received. Nothing more than that. I think the timeline on the page is like 13 moths, but i am unsure how much of a delay there would be due to the strikes.
I know I have to medicals at some point, but unsure when that would be?
I have emailed the office in Ottawa a few times, and have not received a reply.
I am limbo I guess, but am here for another couple of years pretty much on my visa, so I shouldn't worry?

I hope you are all having a great long weekend
Thanks for reading.
G
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 6:09 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency Timeline since the strikes....

Originally Posted by mamtaman
Hi, just wondering how peoples applications are going, and if I am, stressing out for no reason.
My experience class application was received Jan, and I have been informed that it has gone to Ottawa. Whenever I check the stage of where my application is at, it just says received. Nothing more than that. I think the timeline on the page is like 13 moths, but i am unsure how much of a delay there would be due to the strikes.
I know I have to medicals at some point, but unsure when that would be?
I have emailed the office in Ottawa a few times, and have not received a reply.
I am limbo I guess, but am here for another couple of years pretty much on my visa, so I shouldn't worry?

I hope you are all having a great long weekend
Thanks for reading.
G
If you put in your application in January you have a few months to go before you go over the time specification for CEC, unfortunately.

You may want to post your timeline on the Case Processing Pilot, Ottawa thread and have a good read as there are many in a similar situation.

You can find it here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...739600&page=61

It's good news that you are able to continue working - I would just go with the flow and not worry too much.

Old Aug 3rd 2013, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

mamtaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Residency Timeline since the strikes....

Thanks for the reply. I've just posted on the link now.