Residency questions with AINP

Old Mar 27th 2013, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

calgaryengineer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Residency questions with AINP

Quick question guys, I have got the provincial nominee from Alberta under the strategic recruitment stream and am putting my application together for residency for the CIC.

1. Do I need to do a language test, I heard that this is not required as I have a provincial nominee

2. I cant find my birth cert and the country i was born in, will not give me another one unless i apply in person. I am currently in canada and dont want to travel across the atlantic just for this

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Residency questions with AINP

Originally Posted by calgaryengineer
Quick question guys, I have got the provincial nominee from Alberta under the strategic recruitment stream and am putting my application together for residency for the CIC.

1. Do I need to do a language test, I heard that this is not required as I have a provincial nominee

2. I cant find my birth cert and the country i was born in, will not give me another one unless i apply in person. I am currently in canada and dont want to travel across the atlantic just for this

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Not sure re the language test - you don't need it under the employer stream.

Re your birth cert - I presume as this is britishexpats.com you were born in the UK? We just applied online for a copy of my husbands full birth cert and got it sent over so if you have been told you can't do it for an English one they are wrong. Anyone can apply as his mum also applied for it at the same time to see if she could get it here faster.

Old Mar 28th 2013, 9:43 am

fabretti18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by calgaryengineer
Quick question guys, I have got the provincial nominee from Alberta under the strategic recruitment stream.... Do I need to do a language test, I heard that this is not required as I have a provincial nominee
You may not need to for AINP but for CIC from what I can gather you need to do a language test if your job is semi-skilled or low-skilled i.e NOC C or D.

check this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...des/EP7TOC.asp
and this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/imm5690E.pdf look at section 12

Last edited by fabretti18; Mar 28th 2013 at 9:52 am.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

We received PR last year via AINP and did not need to do an English language test.
Maybe it has changed