residency

Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

jasper62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default residency

hi has anybody landed in a different province to what they intended and gained through a pnp. was it straight forward or was there loads of questions
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:23 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: residency

Hi

Originally Posted by jasper62
hi has anybody landed in a different province to what they intended and gained through a pnp. was it straight forward or was there loads of questions
It is not the "landing" that creates the problem, it is you signing a declaration that you will live in the province that provided the PNP certificate. If you don't make an attempt to reside in the sponsoring province, they have the right to revoke the PNP certificate and refer you to Immigration.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

We landed in NS but were bound for NB.

I know of one family that landed in Montreal but were NB PNPs.

They may ask for proof that you are heading for the province that you are nominated for.

But otherwise I don't think it would be a big deal.

Happy landings.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

jasper62 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for info we were nominated by manitoba through the pnp but it has been going on 2 yrs now because of a few hickups and now the job i was going to does not look o promising ,i have other opportunities in alberta, dont know how i will stand if i try and land in ab