Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

residence questionnaire- please help

residence questionnaire- please help

Old Jul 29th 2013, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

zoec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default residence questionnaire- please help

On the residence questionnaire they ask you to list again your absences from Canada which i had already done in my original application. Anyways i'm starting to copy all of my dates from the online calculator into the residence questionnaire.

However i've noticed a glitch and i'm not sure if others have encountered this too. It's asking me to list all trips outside of canada (including day trips and trips to the U.S) since your arrival.

Which seems contradictory to the residence calculator which clearly states on the CIC website under their FAQS that you do not have to include day trips. I obviously want my absences to match from this document to what i had stated on the residence calculator. It's also asking for the location where I stayed,but i didn't stay anywhere when I went to Niagara Falls for a few hours. Arrrgggh these forms are so frustrating!!!!! I guess i'll just put in my day trip to Niagara Falls? And then maybe use a separate piece of paper to highlight that I didn't include this originally as they never wanted it???
Old Jul 29th 2013, 2:34 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: residence questionnaire- please help

Explain in a covering letter and all will be well.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 3:54 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Explain in a covering letter and all will be well.
BUT - cover every month to the day. No gaps at all.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Well it's just asking me to list my absences from Canada, so each separate occasion?
Old Jul 30th 2013, 11:19 am

Each Separate one.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Yes so there will be gaps in time from when i took each different vacation.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 4:31 pm

Sorry - that is right. GIve approximates dates as best you can.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

mycalgary is an unknown quantity at this point

When did you apply and where?
Old Jul 31st 2013, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

That's what I thought!

I just had to list all of my work history, i noticed that there are a few gaps here and there i.e i would leave a job and wouldn't start my next job for a few days or weeks (at one point it was 6 weeks as i flew home to england to visit family once i gained PR, however this is obviously listed under the absences so you would think they would match them up).

Or should i re-do it and put unemployed in between those dates so there aren't gaps or should i just leave it and assume that the cic worker will make the connection and realise that sometimes there are a few days in between starting your next job??
Old Jul 31st 2013, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

i've decided to make sure that i dont have any gaps so i'm going to add in that i was unemployed in between two jobs for a few weeks even if its overkill its better to be safe i guess.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 12:48 pm

It is better to be safe as sorry means delay.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

That's what I figured, i mean its pretty obvious i was unemployed for a day or two here and there as most people don't go straight from one job to another, or at least i haven't but still!

Thanks so much for your help