Residence Address?

Old Oct 13th 2004, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

HaMa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Residence Address?

i am a UK citizen currently living in cairo, egypt,
i no longer have a UK address and have all my post forwarded to my address here,
can i use my brothers address london address as my residence address, because involving a second country will complicate the process..

any advice? thanks

HaMa
Old Oct 13th 2004, 3:22 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Residence Address?

No, you must show your current residential address in your application. But you may use any (including your brother's in London) address as your mailing address. Application form asks for both addresses - residential and mailing.

Originally Posted by HaMa
i am a UK citizen currently living in cairo, egypt,
i no longer have a UK address and have all my post forwarded to my address here,
can i use my brothers address london address as my residence address, because involving a second country will complicate the process..

any advice? thanks

HaMa
Old Oct 13th 2004, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

sorry andrew, i forgot to mention im in egypt temporarily, im not going to be staying here, so is it better to use a UK address? as i am planning to apply via london office, im planning to go to canada in the begining of the year to spend a while with my fiance while my application goes through the system

HaMa
Old Oct 13th 2004, 10:48 pm

If you are living in Egypt (not just visiting as tourist) then you should provide your residential address there. Once you move you will have to notify visa post about change of residential address.

Note that you need to provide all your addresses in section 11 of Schedule 1 anyway and you don't want to raise any red flags by having discrepancies between declared residential address at the time of application, section 11 of Schedule 1 and results of background/security check.

sorry andrew, i forgot to mention im in egypt temporarily, im not going to be staying here, so is it better to use a UK address? as i am planning to apply via london office, im planning to go to canada in the begining of the year to spend a while with my fiance while my application goes through the system

HaMa
Old Oct 17th 2004, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

im acutally in egypt as a visitor, my parents moved here a while back, because of work,
ive been between london egypt and diffrent places in europe,
i dont have a permenant residence address, that is my problem,
the only address i think i could use would be my brothers uk address, as i am planning to goto canada for 3 months to stay with my fiance then a month or so in the US too,
i dont normally spend more than 6 months in any country other than the UK. i still have bank statements there and credit card bills and mobile bills to a friends address, i got a driving license etc

i would like to apply for immigration now, but the address issue is a problem for me as i dont want to put anything down on the application that is wrong,

i got 2 questions

1. do they need proof of residence address, i.e bills of statements for bank or anythign else??

2. the places of residence i have to put down on the form, what is the minimum amount of time i should have been in a foreign country for me to have to include it?? i heard somewhere anything above 6 months then i would have to include it

please advise

thanks in advance
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:59 am

No, proof of residing in declared address is not required.

But you will have red flags raised all over your file during background/security check as you were using friend's address while not really having your own residential address. Be prepared for long, very long security check

im acutally in egypt as a visitor, my parents moved here a while back, because of work,
ive been between london egypt and diffrent places in europe,
i dont have a permenant residence address, that is my problem,
the only address i think i could use would be my brothers uk address, as i am planning to goto canada for 3 months to stay with my fiance then a month or so in the US too,
i dont normally spend more than 6 months in any country other than the UK. i still have bank statements there and credit card bills and mobile bills to a friends address, i got a driving license etc

i would like to apply for immigration now, but the address issue is a problem for me as i dont want to put anything down on the application that is wrong,

i got 2 questions

1. do they need proof of residence address, i.e bills of statements for bank or anythign else??

2. the places of residence i have to put down on the form, what is the minimum amount of time i should have been in a foreign country for me to have to include it?? i heard somewhere anything above 6 months then i would have to include it

please advise

thanks in advance
Old Oct 17th 2004, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

thanks andrew for the reply,

1. what about the 6 month period?? is there a minimum period u have to have lived somewhere to include it in you application form, or will need a security check from that specific country?

2. as far as i know the security checks, they check my name on the police database, and the addresses i include on the form?

3. if i planned to go and stay 6 months or a year with my fiance in canada, then apply while i was there, to london what would i use a residence address as i will not even be in the country? or could i use my temporary canadian address?

4. is there any solution that you know of andrew? as i have registered documents in london, and am also on a companys payroll,

5. how do people that have to move abroad for work for a period of time deal with this issues??

thanks in advance

HaMa
Old Oct 17th 2004, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

forgot to ask one more thing,

the security checks look at my addresses etc, if i provide the last address which i was resident at ( home bought by a fathers friend ). or the address on my credit card and mobile bills and bank statement, wouldnt the checks clear??

because i still have bills and legal papers that come to me at that address,

can i use a hotel address?? if i agree with the hotel on renting a room, or using their address? as i have a friend that owns a hotel, and im sure they would let me use their address for all my postal needs?

what is the proof of residency that is needed to clear the secuirty checks? is it pay taxes?, or a phone line? or what?

i am thinking of applying for my police document now, and seing how it comes back, then i can apply for it again if needed later on.

what do the security checks involve?

HaMa
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:13 pm

1. You need to provide police certificates from each country you lived in for 6 months or longer. But you must disclose all your addresses in section 15 of Schedule 1 and all your personal history (activities - studying, working, taking vacation or time off, travelling, etc.) in section 11 of the same form - for past 10 years or since age 18 (whichever period is longer) without leaving any gaps. This is where you need to put all your travels too.

2. You are confusing security check with criminal check - criminal check is based on verification of your police certificates and is done by visa post. Security check is done completely independently by Canadian intelligence and security agencies (with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries you resided in) and it will look into your life, activities you were involved in and associations to find out if you are or ever were involved or associated with someone who is or was involved in espionage, terrorism, crimes against humanity, organized crime, radical movements, etc. - during that check your "residing" in various countries without having formal residential address anywhere (it will be found regardless you disclosing it or not) will raise red flags and cause this check to be more detailed and much longer. If you won't disclose all places you lived in then it may be seen as omission or misrepresentation, which is as bad as fraud.

3. In such case your address in Canada will be your residential address as you will be living here

4. only the truth and full truth at all times

5. see the above

1. what about the 6 month period?? is there a minimum period u have to have lived somewhere to include it in you application form, or will need a security check from that specific country?

2. as far as i know the security checks, they check my name on the police database, and the addresses i include on the form?

3. if i planned to go and stay 6 months or a year with my fiance in canada, then apply while i was there, to london what would i use a residence address as i will not even be in the country? or could i use my temporary canadian address?

4. is there any solution that you know of andrew? as i have registered documents in london, and am also on a companys payroll,

5. how do people that have to move abroad for work for a period of time deal with this issues??

thanks in advance

HaMa
Old Oct 17th 2004, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

its been a bit mind boggling for me,

just to confirm, whether i am a temporary or permanent resident in the country i should include that on the form, i.e if i go on holidays for lengths of time i should include that,

like if i leave and go to stay with my fiance in canda for 6 months or so, that woud become my residence address, and i would have to include that too on the form, even though i was a temporary resident and not a permanent one.

if the period of time is less that 6 months, i should include it too? frankly speaking anything over i month i guess i will have to include.

i think that the clarification i needed was, what do they mean by residence address? the place where i am currently residing or have resided, or the country from which i am a resident.

of course i dont want to leave anything out of the form, and dont want any red flags raised, so i will include an explanation with my appilcation as to why i am no longer staying in the uk or permenantly resident in any other country

please can you confirm this.

thanks in advance

HaMa
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:31 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Listen matey

We all appreciate Andrews advice on this forum

Please read and take onboard what he is saying,
YOU WILL BE FOUND OUT IF YOU TELL ANY LIES, AND RED FLAGS WILL FLAG UP ALL OVER YOUR APPLICATION.

Take Andrews advice seriously and stop wasting his time by asking the same questions over and over again.

You are getting very repetative !!!

We all appreciate that you are looking for someone to say :::
Yes it will be alright to put a temp addresses on your application and it will be processed without any security checks.

Get a life. These checks are put in place to stop people gaining admittance to Canada through false pretencies and with false and dodgy information.

ARE YOU TRYING TO DO THIS.
THIS IS WHAT IT SOUNDS AND LOOKS LIKE TO ME !!!!!!!!
AND YOU SOUND A DODGY CHARACTER TO ME !!!!!!!
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:57 pm

You don't need to list hotels etc. in section 15 (addresses) when on short, few weeks vacation - but address where you are and were living anywhere for any other reason than short vacation must be listed in section 15.

Obviously living in Canada for 6 months is **living**, although temporary and it is not being here on few weeks holidays.

You need to list addresses where you lived (permanently and temporary), not addresses which were only in any way anywhere *registered* as your permanent address. It is the nature or reason (not the length) of your stay in particular country what counts.

its been a bit mind boggling for me,

just to confirm, whether i am a temporary or permanent resident in the country i should include that on the form, i.e if i go on holidays for lengths of time i should include that,

like if i leave and go to stay with my fiance in canda for 6 months or so, that woud become my residence address, and i would have to include that too on the form, even though i was a temporary resident and not a permanent one.

if the period of time is less that 6 months, i should include it too? frankly speaking anything over i month i guess i will have to include.

i think that the clarification i needed was, what do they mean by residence address? the place where i am currently residing or have resided, or the country from which i am a resident.

of course i dont want to leave anything out of the form, and dont want any red flags raised, so i will include an explanation with my appilcation as to why i am no longer staying in the uk or permenantly resident in any other country

please can you confirm this.

thanks in advance

HaMa
Old Oct 18th 2004, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

thanks andrew for the reply that has clarified what i wanted,

for voyager970,
it might sound dodgy to you, but some people want to do the right thing unlike others, i want to clarify what i understood, that is why i was asking diffrent questions,
dont want to miss anything out or put down something wrong,

im not looking to keep anything or hide anything, anyone that would want to hide something from a country that they want to immigrate to must be a real idiot, becuase they would deffinatly get found out,

there no point in understanding the wrong thing and acting upon it

HaMa