Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Requesting help from anyone who has had to get a PNP work permit!

Wikiposts

Requesting help from anyone who has had to get a PNP work permit!

Old Jul 16th 2010, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

tastyh will become famous soon enoughtastyh will become famous soon enough
Default Requesting help from anyone who has had to get a PNP work permit!

Hi everyone.

I just got my PNP work permit support letter (I'm a BC nominee), and I am still quite confused about the process.. I'm guessing that I just fill out the application form for a new TWP, include the support letter that BC PNP emailed me, pay the application fee and send it off to Vegreville?

And I am assuming that since I am a nominee that I do not need a written job offer, or an LMO? Or for that matter, anything other than the forms and the letter?

ALSO, I'm using the application form for extending my stay in Canada (IMM 1249), even though I am currently on BUNAC?

Any help or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Requesting help from anyone who has had to get a PNP work permit!

What language is this you speak? Doesn't sound like Australianimmigrationese? I think you need to be in the Canadian immigration forum......
Old Jul 16th 2010, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

tastyh will become famous soon enoughtastyh will become famous soon enough

Oh man am I embarrassed.

.. Maybe a mod could help a guy out and move this to Canada immigration?
Old Jul 16th 2010, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Or change your plans and come to Australia?
Old Jul 17th 2010, 1:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tastyh
Oh man am I embarrassed.

.. Maybe a mod could help a guy out and move this to Canada immigration?
Done
Don't worry, you aren't the first and I'm sure you won't be the last
Old Jul 17th 2010, 2:12 am
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone.

I just got my PNP work permit support letter (I'm a BC nominee), and I am still quite confused about the process.. I'm guessing that I just fill out the application form for a new TWP, include the support letter that BC PNP emailed me, pay the application fee and send it off to Vegreville?

And I am assuming that since I am a nominee that I do not need a written job offer, or an LMO? Or for that matter, anything other than the forms and the letter?

ALSO, I'm using the application form for extending my stay in Canada (IMM 1249), even though I am currently on BUNAC?

I was confused by the process, so I called Service Canada who do the LMO's for clarification. However, I'm in employment (I had a +ve LMO in order to get a TWP initially. I would call Service Canada or the PNp office in BC for help.

I was told that; if you fill in the extension application with everything on the checklist and include the PNP paperwork (I'm an SK nominee) , then your employer does not have to get another LMO for you.

Last edited by JGK; Jul 17th 2010 at 2:16 am.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

B91212 is on a distinguished road

Just sent a copy of the PNP Nomination along with the application (no LMO) and mine was fine. Seem to recall the new Work Permit had a comment on it about PNP in process or something (they kept the WP when I "landed"). This was for Alberta though - not sure if it is different for other Provinces.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Vikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really nice

Hi everyone.

My OH had to have his written job offer from his employer as well as the PNP letter (BC PNP), to get his work permit. I would send the offer letter too, just to be on the safe side.