Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Request to transfer file to Buffalo

Request to transfer file to Buffalo

Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

bubblemint is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Request to transfer file to Buffalo

Would it be a good move to request the Manila Visa Office to have my file transferred to Buffalo?

Background: Applied in Feb 2006, processing takes between 4-6 years now from that country. Hubby is the principal applicant. The family is in Canada because I am on student visa until March 2011 - been in Canada since Jan 2008. We had not anticipated the lengthier delay, thought for sure, we would be asked to update our documents by 1st quarter of 2010 so we stayed put. We are not interested to apply for PNP or CEC as we are almost on our last 1 or 2? years of waiting and I believe it is not possible to get a nomination for my hubby.

Also, we had a PR application for Canada refused from Sydney Australia in 2001. Education and personal background are the only information that will be checked from Manila since work experience was gained in all the years spent in Australia.

CIC's operating manual says it is up to us to demonstrate that the transfer of file would not compromise the integrity of the application evaluation process.

Please advise if it is wise for us to make the request. If it is, what info should I include in the request to make it solid? Will Buffalo take another 22 months to process our file, or will they start counting from 2006, which was the original AOR from Manila? The reason for the file transfer request is to speed up the processing of our application.

I would appreciate your advice.