Wikiposts

Request for passports....

Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

siw1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Request for passports....

Hello all,

I have been reading this forum for the past year or so but this is my first post.

Myself, the wife to be and two kids have just received the request for our passports after completing our medicals in July 2007. Happy days....

Reading the information given, it appears we have to land within a year of the date of the medicals. I have heard that it is possible to land for a short while (eg. a few days over there for a short holiday) and then return to the UK to settle the house sale etc.

I suppose the main question is- Am I required to be living over in Canada by July 2008 or is it possible to extend this time by landing for a short break and then returning to the UK?

I hope this makes sense!

Si
Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Request for passports....

Originally Posted by siw1978
I suppose the main question is- Am I required to be living over in Canada by July 2008
No, just landed.

or is it possible to extend this time by landing for a short break and then returning to the UK?
Yes, but remember that you have to be in Canada at least two years out of the next five after you land.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Mark,

Thanks for the reply. My concern was that the missus has seen on the t'internet that the Embassy need an address for you in Canada so they can forward your PRP when you have landed. The letter we have just received asks for our passports so they can attach the visas to them.

It just sounds as though you have to land and then supply them with an address for the PRP to be sent to.

Bit confused.......
Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Hi, i landed in July, so still fairly fresh to it all.

For you, what happens next is that CIC return your passports to you with visas in them and some paperwork. Those visas are only good for that first landing, and when you do land you go through the paperwork with the immigration officer and on that paperwork fill in a Canadian address for them to mail your Permanent Resident cards to (about 6 weeks later). That new PR card is what you then use, along with your passport, to come and go from Canada.

In my case, i gave a friends address as i didnt have one here yet, and that worked fine. I believe, if you do not have an address, you can tell them you willl let them know later, and then you advise them when you do have one, and then they mail you your PR cards.

Hope that helps.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by siw1978
Myself, the wife to be and two kids have just received the request for our passports after completing our medicals in July 2007. Happy days....
Happy days indeed!

CONGRATULATIONS on getting your PPR.

At least we know there's still someone working at CHC.

Simon & Laura
Old Aug 31st 2007, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies- I tried looling on the website but ended up going round in circles. Very confusing.....

Its a relief to finally have these visas but it suddenly hits you now and seems well daunting!!

Si