Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Request for medical, right of permanent residence fee and police check, is this norma

Request for medical, right of permanent residence fee and police check, is this norma

Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Request for medical, right of permanent residence fee and police check, is this norma

Hi,

I have mentioned this in a previous thread however just wanted to know if this is quite usual, it also seems quite quick?

I have just received our medical requests and on the form they also asked for a police certificate from Ireland (am originally from there but haven't lived there for quite a few years) and right of permanent residence fee .

Im pretty shocked as its been very quick, London began processing on 25th April and letter was sent on the 26th. (Application is for MPNP).

I also received information on CIIP suggesting registering and attending the orientation session.

Is it usual to receive all of this together? I have to say it has freaked me out quite a bit and seems very quick, not that I am complaining of course, Im just shocked but delighted also .
Old Apr 30th 2012, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future
Default Re: Request for medical, right of permanent residence fee and police check, is this n

Hey Violets...

Not sure about the answers for your questions, but that's a real fast processing on your application. Kudos, & all the best going forward.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 7:20 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Request for medical, right of permanent residence fee and police check, is this n

Get it done or you will be waiting until sometime next year for your visa. That is - do it now unless you have a medical condition that might be problematic for your application.
Old May 1st 2012, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Get it done or you will be waiting until sometime next year for your visa. That is - do it now unless you have a medical condition that might be problematic for your application.
Hi Jim

I'm confused...

Why would delaying the medical push visa issue into 2013? We have just received our PNP confirmation that app is on its way to London. We were expecting medical requests in hopefully 3 - 6 months, going by recent timelines...

Why would it be beneficial to delay medicals if you had a medical condition? (Could I PM you on this one? )
Old May 1st 2012, 5:29 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

PM is OK with me. I need some more details too. If your PNP application is just now on its way to London then what category is the application that has been approved and medicals requested?
Old May 1st 2012, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Jim - will PM you.
Old May 1st 2012, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi Jim, thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I have calmed down a bit now, was just a bit shocked at the speed yesterday!! I have an appointment with my own Dr to go through some stuff and get copies of some of my records (from about 8/9 years ago) i don't think anything major - but who can tell? And I will be phoning tomorrow to make the medical appointment for hopefully 3 weeks time as I will have everything I need by then.

Im now just trying to figure how to pay the fees as its not possible to do it by card so will have to get a cheque or bank draft which Im sure wont be too much trouble hopefully.

Good advice to just bite the bullet and do it in order to avoid delays or complications, thanks again