Request for Fingerprints

Old Aug 8th 2016, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

English Timbit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Request for Fingerprints

Hi!

I hope someone can offer some advice here. I received a mail this morning from myCIC asking for 'Fingerprints in order to complete your RCMP check'. I notice that this is not standard, and as such am finding it hard to see any advice.

FYI - This is a family class application.

The letter received is not the clearest but does include a link to RCMP.

It is a little harder as we currently reside in the UK.

The letter states that fingerprints taken by a private or commercial agency are not acceptable, and local police must do this. I have arranged for this, but want to question the above.

The RCMP website has a list of accredited companies, and states 'An electronic fingerprint submission to the RCMP is not currently available outside of Canada. You may contact accredited companies within Canada who will digitize ink fingerprints and submit them electronically to the RCMP.' Would this be an option for me?

Does anyone have an experience in having done this? I know that the current wait time on ink fingerprints is 22 weeks, but for digitalised is about 8 days...

Any help here would be really appreciated!

ET
Old Aug 8th 2016, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Request for Fingerprints

Why don't you contact one of the companies so they can tell you how they will receive your fingerprints? If you click on the link for East West Fingerprinting, they have a section for international clients. They are certified to receive your fingerprints and complete the process:

East West Fingerprinting

In addition, someone had to do this last year in a similar situation to you. I found a thread on another forum from someone who explained the process:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...canada-863850/

Scroll down and you will see the link to the other thread.
The person linked to within this thread used the Commissionaires who I and others I know have used but from inside Canada. They are very efficient but I have never used them internationally. I think they would be fine.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Aug 8th 2016 at 2:40 am.
Old Aug 8th 2016, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply, very informative.

We are flying out to Canada (entering under dual-intent) on the 29th August. At this point, I think it may be better to just wait and go to the police station once we land, and have them done in country.

I think the total time will end up being the same, and a whole lot cheaper!
Old Aug 8th 2016, 4:18 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Can't answer your question on the fingerprint thing, but as long as you are able to do the fingerprints from within CAnada within the timeline requested by CIC you should be fine to just wait until you land.

As for why they asked, chances are you share some personal information with someone who does have a criminal record in Canada, so they need to verify with fingerprints that you are who you say you are and that you are not the person with the record. IT's not a normal request, but it does happen. (Someone who applied around the same time as me had it and expected it as he knew from a previous visa that he shared the same full name and birth date as someone who had a record in CAnada, so every time he had to deal with CIC he had to do fingerprints so they could be certain he wasn't the one with the record.)
Old Aug 8th 2016, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I'd still use the Commissionaires even if you do it in Canada. In my experience, it ends up quicker and the process is easier to control.

S
Old Aug 8th 2016, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Personally, I'd still use the Commissionaires even if you do it in Canada. In my experience, it ends up quicker and the process is easier to control.
That's what I did when I got a fingerprint request for my citizenship application. They took about fifteen minutes, including waiting for them to get ready for me, and I got the test invite a few weeks later. Cost about $50, I think?

I'm pretty sure I even know which criminal the RCMP think I am, because I read about him in the Reader's Digest at the hairdresser one day .
Old Aug 8th 2016, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, it often ends up being quicker than going direct to the RCMP. For some reason.

S
Old Aug 8th 2016, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

Even though we are currently in the UK, there should be no problem having the fingerprints completed in Canada? We were always going to have to enter under dual intent at the end of the month anyway, so surely there will be no issues?

I will of course have all of my correspondence from CIC in hand.

Thanks

ET
Old Aug 9th 2016, 12:41 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

No one can say for sure that there will be no issues until you are across the border with no issues, but no, I would not expect for you to have any problems.
Old Aug 9th 2016, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Why don't you get it done now before you leave using (e.g.) the Commissionaires? You have time and then it's done. The sooner you get it done the sooner it gets processed.

Last edited by Snowy560; Aug 9th 2016 at 2:13 am.