Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is it reqrd. to intimate CIC on Job changes/addn. qualific.-PMM,Miller,Jim. Pl.advice

Is it reqrd. to intimate CIC on Job changes/addn. qualific.-PMM,Miller,Jim. Pl.advice

Old Nov 8th 2005, 5:00 am
Banned

nathan_1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it reqrd. to intimate CIC on Job changes/addn. qualific.-PMM,Miller,Jim. Pl.advice

It has been three months since I received PR application (Skilled worker class) acknowledgement from Buffalo.

I am working in a IT job and planning to resign from my current employer to work with a new employer in the same field.

I would like to have your advice on the following:

a. Do I need to notify about the change in employer as soon as I switch job.

b. Is there a standard form to communicate this to CIC or a normal letter(with file # etc) will do.

c. Does CIC really bother about the change in applicant's employment or is the detail provided during original application is only considered for the PR processing. In other words, does it any way changing employer (after the application is submitted)impact the PR outcome ?

2.When I submitted the PR application I was not able to produce the work experience certificate from my current employer as they do not encourage filing of immigration application by their employees. Now after resigning from them, I will get a service certificate (not truly a experience certificate in the format required by CIC. Probably after resigning I could try asking my previous supervisor to write a letter in CIC format in addition to the service certificate from the HR). Should I submit this to CIC along with my communication about the change in employment.

3. Additionally, I have acquired a well known certification related to my field/role which may increase my changes of finding employment in Canada. Would it help to send this information to CIC having already submitted the application.

In the AOR, CIC instructs applicant to intimate them primarily change in address, birth of a child, change in marital status etc. In that case, is it necessary to keep CIC updated about changes in employment, additional qualifications acquired after submitting the application. Or If we do not update them, would it affect during background processing. Not sure how this works from the application processing life cycle perspective. Experts please advice.

Thanks very much for all your help.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 5:03 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it reqrd. to intimate CIC on Job changes/addn. qualific.-PMM,Miller,Jim. Pl.advice

Originally Posted by nathan_1972
It has been three months since I received PR application (Skilled worker class) acknowledgement from Buffalo.

I am working in a IT job and planning to resign from my current employer to work with a new employer in the same field.

b. Is there a standard form to communicate this to CIC or a normal letter(with file # etc) will do.

c. Does CIC really bother about the change in applicant's employment or is the detail provided during original application is only considered for the PR processing. In other words, does it any way changing employer (after the application is submitted)impact the PR outcome ?

2.When I submitted the PR application I was not able to produce the work experience certificate from my current employer as they do not encourage filing of immigration application by their employees. Now after resigning from them, I will get a service certificate (not truly a experience certificate in the format required by CIC. Probably after resigning I could try asking my previous supervisor to write a letter in CIC format in addition to the service certificate from the HR). Should I submit this to CIC along with my communication about the change in employment.

3. Additionally, I have acquired a well known certification related to my field/role which may increase my changes of finding employment in Canada. Would it help to send this information to CIC having already submitted the application.

In the AOR, CIC instructs applicant to intimate them primarily change in address, birth of a child, change in marital status etc. In that case, is it necessary to keep CIC updated about changes in employment, additional qualifications acquired after submitting the application. Or If we do not update them, would it affect during background processing. Not sure how this works from the application processing life cycle perspective. Experts please advice.

You should always keep the visa office informed of such changes.
Old Nov 8th 2005, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

ghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the rough
Arrow Re: Is it reqrd. to intimate CIC on Job changes/addn. qualific.-PMM,Miller,Jim. Pl.advice

Originally Posted by nathan_1972

Short Answers for you:

1.a: Yes, must
1.b: normal letter with file number
2. sure you should
3. of course

Also, better to provide them your updates schedule 3 form

Ghanghro