REPEAT X-RAY FOR MEDICAL

Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:11 am
Just Joined

phoebe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default REPEAT X-RAY FOR MEDICAL

HI

nY HUBBY HAS BEEN ASKED FOR A REPEAT X-RAY FOR LONDON,. THE DESIGNATED DOCTOR SAID EVERYTHING WAS FINE AND WE WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS AND WER SUPRISED TO GET LETTER FROM LONDON.. THE DOC SAYS WE STILL HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT - VERY ANXIOUS CAN ANYONE HELP
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: REPEAT X-RAY FOR MEDICAL

Originally Posted by phoebe
HI

nY HUBBY HAS BEEN ASKED FOR A REPEAT X-RAY FOR LONDON,. THE DESIGNATED DOCTOR SAID EVERYTHING WAS FINE AND WE WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS AND WER SUPRISED TO GET LETTER FROM LONDON.. THE DOC SAYS WE STILL HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT - VERY ANXIOUS CAN ANYONE HELP
Hi phoebe,

Welcome to BE.

It's probably just a case of a poor quality x-ray. As per suggestion in this recent thread.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=x-ray+repeat
Don't worry...it wont help! Just get the x-ray done as instructed and hopefully, all will then be well. Your doctor doesn't sound too concerned so that's good too.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:29 am
Just Joined

phoebe is an unknown quantity at this point

janet & eamonn

tks for reply and support. London requested sputum tests but hubby has no cough so doc said there was no need for test and he will write a letter to london when he has x-ray end of october. hope all goes well.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:43 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

It is unlikely that the medical officer will agree to no sputum test so best do it.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoebe
janet & eamonn

tks for reply and support. London requested sputum tests but hubby has no cough so doc said there was no need for test and he will write a letter to london when he has x-ray end of october. hope all goes well.
Fingers crossed for you.

E&J.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:10 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
It is unlikely that the medical officer will agree to no sputum test so best do it.
How do you do a sputum test if you have no cough to hack up the sputum with? Wont it be all saliva??
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:31 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Leave such questions for the doctors. And, just what do you think sputum is?
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:52 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Erm, expectorated mucus?

I suspect fledermouse knows more about X-rays than most posters here Jim....
Old Sep 19th 2008, 4:33 am

Sputum is mucous and that always exists in the respiratory tract so I am sure some can be found. My point before we got into details is that the medical service will expect to get sputum culture results.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 6:58 am
Account Closed

Mucus lines the respiratory tract. Its usually clear or pale in colour, excess is produced in disease or illness such as a chest infection. Coughing is the bodys way of dislodging and expelling said excess mucus. A mucus specimen can be contaminated by too much saliva.

I dont know about you but i cant hack it up to order.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

maggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of light

Hello Phoebe,

First off - I'm not a doctor!!

We had our medicals today and the doctor was telling us how stoopid the forms are for immigration. He said that it's pretty common for people to get a bit of scarring on their lungs following chicken pox - absolutely nothing to worry about and it causes no problems...unless that person has to get a medical for Canada!! He said on x-ray the scarring looks a little like TB, and because of that a sputum test is requested. He said the same as one of the previous posters; that if someone doesn't have a cough, then sputum is hard to produce. He said it's a real nuisance, a waste of time, and the forms do not make medical sense but hey ho, that's what the CIC wants.

I don't know if that helps, but if we go for Occam's razor, it could be one explanation

M&C
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:25 am

My point has always been that when sputum swabs are requested there is little point in trying to negotiate. They are not going to change their minds. Scars on the lungs will always be investigated and sometimes people are surprised by the results. Unfortunate but true.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:30 am
Account Closed

My point has always been that when sputum swabs are requested there is little point in trying to negotiate. They are not going to change their minds. Scars on the lungs will always be investigated and sometimes people are surprised by the results. Unfortunate but true.
This is true. I had to have a medical for my work permit, then another for PR which meant 2 CXRs in 6 months. Then another one for work as my Mantoux was +ve, No point arguing tho as CIC will just say on yer bike if you dont do it.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:37 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fledermaus
This is true. I had to have a medical for my work permit, then another for PR which meant 2 CXRs in 6 months. Then another one for work as my Mantoux was +ve, No point arguing tho as CIC will just say on yer bike if you dont do it.
Slightly related question. If someone is on radiotherapy (daily for seven weeks), is it inevitable that they will get nasty side-effects?
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Slightly related question. If someone is on radiotherapy (daily for seven weeks), is it inevitable that they will get nasty side-effects?
Radiotherapy isnt my field Souv. All I know is that it will depend on the location and size and agressiveness of the tumour. I dont think its inevitable tho as have seen people who say its been fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.