Rents Books.....+ Common Law

Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

jameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to all
Default Rents Books.....+ Common Law

Apologies for this 'double' post. It also appears in my other Common-Law Partner thread, but it's something I'm trying to get an answer to.

My girlfriend and I (she is Canadian) have been together for two years, and she has just moved to the UK on an Ancestry Visa whilst I complete the final 2 years of my Broadcast Journalism degree, after which we plan to move to, and settle in Canada.

Although my partner and I are going to be moving into rented accommodation soon, we have spent the past two months living with my parents.

If we were to start keeping an official rent book, all done officially and properly through my parents, could this count towards our 12 months sharing accommodation? It would mean that we could apply for the visa a littler earlier, with 3 months living with my parents, and then 9 months in our own accommodation.

Would this work? Or do we have to have spent the entire 12 months in our own rented accommodation, in our own names?

Cheers

Last edited by jameswales; Sep 8th 2008 at 9:24 pm. Reason: Just added some extra information!