Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Renewing working holiday visa before the other runs out

Wikiposts

Renewing working holiday visa before the other runs out

Old Sep 8th 2011, 5:09 am
Just Joined

bengmason is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewing working holiday visa before the other runs out

Hey all,

I have been trying to find the answer to this question for a while now, but no luck.

I am planning to go to the border tomorrow but before I go I would just like to know if you can get your new working holiday visa before your current working holiday visa before expires. I have my new letter of acceptance for my 2nd year here and my current visa runs out on oct 5th, but I just want to get it sorted asap.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Many thanks
Ben
Old Sep 8th 2011, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Renewing working holiday visa before the other runs out

Originally Posted by bengmason
Hey all,

I have been trying to find the answer to this question for a while now, but no luck.

I am planning to go to the border tomorrow but before I go I would just like to know if you can get your new working holiday visa before your current working holiday visa before expires. I have my new letter of acceptance for my 2nd year here and my current visa runs out on oct 5th, but I just want to get it sorted asap.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Many thanks
Ben
I'm not 100% sure, it's probably best to call CIC and find out. My instinct says it wouldn't be a problem though.

If they say it's ok, then if I were you, when you flag pole, make sure they put the expiry date on your new twp as being 1 year from the date your original twp ended, and not one year from the date of issue - otherwise you'll lose a bit of time on it.

Wolst.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 7:39 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by wolstie
I'm not 100% sure, it's probably best to call CIC and find out. My instinct says it wouldn't be a problem though.

If they say it's ok, then if I were you, when you flag pole, make sure they put the expiry date on your new twp as being 1 year from the date your original twp ended, and not one year from the date of issue - otherwise you'll lose a bit of time on it.

Wolst.
Here is what the FAQ says about the IEC, and the 2nd year.

I am currently in Canada on Working Holiday status and would like to apply participate again next year. When can I submit a new application to the IEC?

You may submit an application to the IEC at any time while we are accepting applications for an upcoming year. It is important to note that you cannot be issued a new temporary work permit until your current permit expires and that the Letter of Introduction you would be issued by the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK is valid for 12 months from the date of issue. If you wish to apply to participate in the working holiday initiative in consecutive years, we recommend that you submit your new application no later than three months before your current work permit expires.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Here is what the FAQ says about the IEC, and the 2nd year.

I am currently in Canada on Working Holiday status and would like to apply participate again next year. When can I submit a new application to the IEC?

You may submit an application to the IEC at any time while we are accepting applications for an upcoming year. It is important to note that you cannot be issued a new temporary work permit until your current permit expires and that the Letter of Introduction you would be issued by the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK is valid for 12 months from the date of issue. If you wish to apply to participate in the working holiday initiative in consecutive years, we recommend that you submit your new application no later than three months before your current work permit expires.
Great response as always!