renewing TWP how early?

Old Oct 30th 2013, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

chrissyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default renewing TWP how early?

Hey,

Our TWP expires May, we are applying for PR through the PNP. When is the earliest we can go down to the border and renew our TWP with a nomination certificate from BC?

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 30th 2013, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renewing TWP how early?

Originally Posted by chrissyb
Hey,

Our TWP expires May, we are applying for PR through the PNP. When is the earliest we can go down to the border and renew our TWP with a nomination certificate from BC?

Thanks in advance
Whats wrong with going down in early May with all documentation and getting the new work permit?
The longer you have left on the work permit then this gives a cushion just in case of potential problems with the PR application.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Whats wrong with going down in early May with all documentation and getting the new work permit?
The longer you have left on the work permit then this gives a cushion just in case of potential problems with the PR application.
well that's just thing I am worried about problems with PR before may. My partners daughter is refusing to have a medical .

CIC have responded saying if we have a court signed document showing the other parent as having full responsible care for the child we can send that in for review . We do have an agreement signed by both partys listing responsibility as not being shared.

However if for some reason this is not accepted I am worried about not being able to use the certificate if our PR is refused. With a 2 year old and one on the way (due June) it is a huge concern.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 10:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

As this is an immigration question, I'll move it to the correct part of the forum.

Please do put visa related queries there, the main Canada forum is for general lifestyle stuff.

Thx.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

well that's just thing I am worried about problems with PR before may. My partners daughter is refusing to have a medical .

CIC have responded saying if we have a court signed document showing the other parent as having full responsible care for the child we can send that in for review . We do have an agreement signed by both partys listing responsibility as not being shared.

However if for some reason this is not accepted I am worried about not being able to use the certificate if our PR is refused. With a 2 year old and one on the way (due June) it is a huge concern.
Read this thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785980
Old Oct 30th 2013, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

I have read this thread before.

Unfortunately it is not as simple as that for us being that they are not fully divorced.

We have contacted a U.K Lawyer who has said a judge may see it fit to finalise the Decree Absolute while in Court potentially costing us $15,000 +. The cost is high, Reason being is his ex is not interested in being divorced and has openly expressed she isnt therefore it will not be a smooth ride. This is not about money for her (she has been offered a cash sum which she is not entitled to) this the simple fact of her still wanting control over him and the child. Hence our reason for sending off the document listing her as the responsible full time Parent in the hope this will be accepted.

I would really like to know the earliest time we can renew our TWP with the PNP certificate so we have plenty of time to save up more $ should we have to go down the route above or having plently of time to arrange departure after giving birth. Hopefully this explains in more detail why I am seeking to renew early.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have read this thread before.

Unfortunately it is not as simple as that for us being that they are not fully divorced.

We have contacted a U.K Lawyer who has said a judge may see it fit to finalise the Decree Absolute while in Court potentially costing us $15,000 +. The cost is high, Reason being is his ex is not interested in being divorced and has openly expressed she isnt therefore it will not be a smooth ride. This is not about money for her (she has been offered a cash sum which she is not entitled to) this the simple fact of her still wanting control over him and the child. Hence our reason for sending off the document listing her as the responsible full time Parent in the hope this will be accepted.

I would really like to know the earliest time we can renew our TWP with the PNP certificate so we have plenty of time to save up more $ should we have to go down the route above or having plently of time to arrange departure after giving birth. Hopefully this explains in more detail why I am seeking to renew early.
I think you are misunderstanding my reply. Your current TWP expires in May 2014. If you received your PNP certificate letter say next month and renewed then you are actually losing time as the new TWP would probably be renewed for 12 months dependent on what the job offer letter duration states so the new work permit would expire in Nov 2014.
If you waited until May 2014 then renewed on the basis of the PNP letter then the new work permit would expire in May 2015.

As soon as you receive the PNP letter then you can renew the TWP.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

I think you are misunderstanding my reply. Your current TWP expires in May 2014. If you received your PNP certificate letter say next month and renewed then you are actually losing time as the new TWP would probably be renewed for 12 months dependent on what the job offer letter duration states so the new work permit would expire in Nov 2014.
If you waited until May 2014 then renewed on the basis of the PNP letter then the new work permit would expire in May 2015.

As soon as you receive the PNP letter then you can renew the TWP.
Ok thanks we have had the letter since July last year and will need to contact BC PNP to renew the certificate.

I understand what you are saying but if our PR is refused in the meantime we will only have until May... I wouldn't of thought the PNP letter would still be valid if our PR has been refused but could be wrong.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok thanks we have had the letter since July last year and will need to contact BC PNP to renew the certificate.

I understand what you are saying but if our PR is refused in the meantime we will only have until May... I wouldn't of thought the PNP letter would still be valid if our PR has been refused but could be wrong.
If PR is refused then the PNP letter would be null and void. Now I see the PNP letter was issued July last year, I thought you were waiting for the PNP letter and had just applied.