renewing SOWP, which way?

Old Oct 2nd 2012, 8:52 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute
Default renewing SOWP, which way?

i have a SOWP issued under my dh's original TWP in december 2011. we all left canada in jan 2012 and dh arrived back on a fresh TWP ( but same PNP nomination) in may 2012. when we (me and kids) arrived back at vancouver in august, we didnt renew my SOWP because it was a nightmare flight with three kids, there were medical emergencies etc that delayed us getting off and by the time we got to the passport controll hall tere was a 4 hour wait in immigration, my visa is still valid ( i checked with the agent, as it had been issued on a now defunct TWP, as the PNP nom was still good and i had a copy of dh's replacement TWP it was fine)

with me so far...

i have to renew my SOWP before i can get my permanent driving licence or mine and the kids care cards (altho we are entitled to MSP, just cant get the card that says so) till i renew.

our PR is ongoing and we are expecting meds in about 3 /5 weeks, and the PR (if theres no issues - and im already gathering evidence for the autism fight re my son) in late jan early feb.

hubbys TWP runs out in May 2013 so my new WP will only run till then.

ok ...

do i fly to vancouver and get it all sorted then and there ? ( im in prince george, so can probably do it all in a day for about $400 flights)
and if i do, do i need the three kids to come with me ( $400x4) or can i go alone and just take their passports? but probably wont get charged the kids study permit fees, as they will be added to my SOWP again. ($150 fee)

OR send it off and have been advised it will be back in 4-6 weeks. (2x$150 study permits, $150, SOWP fee, but no flights, just waiting.)BUT if they do send passport requests for COPR we dont have them to send ( and dd's expires in may so i was going to send it off for renewal as soon as possible via my mums address in the uk)

my issue is mainly that i have been asked for my visa on average about once a fortnight since i got here to set things up, prove id etc. as i said they wont even give me my full licence till i have 6mths + on my visa or a PR.

what would you do and anyone have any experience?
Old Oct 3rd 2012, 3:32 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renewing SOWP, which way?

Hi

Originally Posted by __TJ__
i have a SOWP issued under my dh's original TWP in december 2011. we all left canada in jan 2012 and dh arrived back on a fresh TWP ( but same PNP nomination) in may 2012. when we (me and kids) arrived back at vancouver in august, we didnt renew my SOWP because it was a nightmare flight with three kids, there were medical emergencies etc that delayed us getting off and by the time we got to the passport controll hall tere was a 4 hour wait in immigration, my visa is still valid ( i checked with the agent, as it had been issued on a now defunct TWP, as the PNP nom was still good and i had a copy of dh's replacement TWP it was fine)

with me so far...

i have to renew my SOWP before i can get my permanent driving licence or mine and the kids care cards (altho we are entitled to MSP, just cant get the card that says so) till i renew.

our PR is ongoing and we are expecting meds in about 3 /5 weeks, and the PR (if theres no issues - and im already gathering evidence for the autism fight re my son) in late jan early feb.

hubbys TWP runs out in May 2013 so my new WP will only run till then.

ok ...

do i fly to vancouver and get it all sorted then and there ? ( im in prince george, so can probably do it all in a day for about $400 flights)
and if i do, do i need the three kids to come with me ( $400x4) or can i go alone and just take their passports? but probably wont get charged the kids study permit fees, as they will be added to my SOWP again. ($150 fee)

OR send it off and have been advised it will be back in 4-6 weeks. (2x$150 study permits, $150, SOWP fee, but no flights, just waiting.)BUT if they do send passport requests for COPR we dont have them to send ( and dd's expires in may so i was going to send it off for renewal as soon as possible via my mums address in the uk)

my issue is mainly that i have been asked for my visa on average about once a fortnight since i got here to set things up, prove id etc. as i said they wont even give me my full licence till i have 6mths + on my visa or a PR.

what would you do and anyone have any experience?
1. There is no walk in service in Vancouver anymore, so unless you are going to the border and take your chances, it has to be via Vegreville.
2. You haven't had medicals, and you say there is probably going to be an issue with your son's medical. Nothing is going to happen very quickly.
3. Assuming you UK&C citizens, you probably won't have to send your passports, just photocopies of them.