Renewing passports on TWP

Old Mar 5th 2008, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all
Default Renewing passports on TWP

Hi all

Well it happened, OH has her Alberta licence and we are waiting on the formal job offer and for Calgary Health to apply for the LMO.

I was initially thinking about concurrent processing but our daughters passport expires in January, should we renew it before we apply for TWP to keep things simple or wait until it expires? We are intending to apply for a study permit for her as she will be starting school in Canada in September.

Cheers
Tom
Old Mar 5th 2008, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing passports on TWP

As far as I understand it, you must have a valid passport for the length of your TWP. If for example your TWP would have been valid for 2 years, but your passport expiry is in 1.5 years time, you would get 1 year TWP.

I changed passports whilst out in Canada on BUNAC, and whilst applying for BC PNP. British High Commission in Ottawa did it in 2 weeks door to door. No trouble at all to do it mid-processing - just informed everyone of new passport number and sent off photocopies of relevant pages. But I didn't leave Canada during the period of having TWP in old passport with corners cut off, and having the new passport.

When we did the swing round the flag pole for new TWP, no-one commented on my 2 passport situation.

Also, there was about 6 months left on my old passport when I renewed, but this was added on to the expiry of my new passport, so the expiry on that was 10 years to the day after the expiry on my previous one.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all
Default Re: Renewing passports on TWP

thanks for that

OH and I have plenty left on ours so no problem on our work permits but the kids passports run out in January 2009 and July 2010 respectively. I think I will renew Abby's before applying as she will be getting a study permit and worry about Ross when we need to apply for a study permit. We might even be PR by then.

Cheers
Tom