Renewal of LMO

Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future
Default Renewal of LMO

Hi

I thought I was on the last part of my PR...had meds etc which were OK, but it now seems that my wife's fingerprint results have been lost between RCMP and CIC London.....so I am trying to sort that out, but the wheels of red tape run slow here.

It now looks as though my company will have to apply for an LMO extension. I have found the form etc......but they are wondering what they have to send with it...proof of advertising, a new contract for me....

If somebody could help on this, that would be great.

Thanks

Pete
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Renewal of LMO

sorry pete i really dont know about this one as my hubbies company just sorted it all out for us. I hope someone can answer this for you.
xx
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:43 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

It might be worth giving your local Service Canada office a ring and asking them. When I phoned the Vancouver office, they were actually pretty helpful.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete66
Hi

I thought I was on the last part of my PR...had meds etc which were OK, but it now seems that my wife's fingerprint results have been lost between RCMP and CIC London.....so I am trying to sort that out, but the wheels of red tape run slow here.

It now looks as though my company will have to apply for an LMO extension. I have found the form etc......but they are wondering what they have to send with it...proof of advertising, a new contract for me....

If somebody could help on this, that would be great.

Thanks

Pete
Hi Pete

Dont you just apply for an extension of the TWP pending PR visa via Vegreville ???? Then you have implied status -or am I finally losing me marbles lurve

Gaynor

PS - hope you are both doing well x
Old Dec 7th 2007, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Hi Gay

We are both holding up under the stress of it all to be honest....we were just about coming to the end, when we found out the fingerprints result for my wife has been lost........
We first have to apply for an extension to the LMO...then when we get this, we then apply for an extension of the work permit via Vegreville...
I'm just unsure what to send

I think I am going to have to give Service Canada a call.....
The amount of red tape is just mind boggling.......it's not like my wife has a Canadian criminal record....I know they don't know that but it just makes you want to bang your head against a wall.
OK vent over now LOL

Hope you and the family are doing well

regards

Pete x
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

hfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant future

Similar requirements as for your earlier LMO. The form though would be different - EMP5354B.

If any efforts have been made to recruit Canadians/PRs, then evidence would need to be submitted. Same for any training of Canadians/PRs for your position since you were hired. I'd reckon though HRSDC/SC would be less stringent on these aspects since your application is for extension (as long as your job continues to be in an area where there is a known shortage of labour).

I'd also ask the employer to enclose a copy of the original job offer letter.

Last edited by hfxns; Dec 7th 2007 at 10:35 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

Yes Gaynor, our wp was up on 2nd dec but we got LMO extension prior to that and have applied for work permit and have been advised we have implied status... along with also waiting for our PR! lol!
how are you doing anyway?
xx
Old Dec 8th 2007, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys

Thanks for all your advice......can I just ask what is implied status...what does it allow to you do/have i.e OHIP, can our children remain in school??

I think by the time our process finally comes to an end....we would have had ever possible status known!!!

Thanks

Pete
Old Dec 8th 2007, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

hfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant futurehfxns has a brilliant future

..can I just ask what is implied status...what does it allow to you do/have i.e OHIP, can our children remain in school??
5.22. Work without a work permit R186(u)—Implied status
R186(u) allows for persons to continue working under the conditions of an expired work permit, as long as they applied for a new work permit before the original work permit expired. Once the decision has been made, the client will either have to leave Canada or will continue as a worker who holds a valid work permit."
Old Dec 8th 2007, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

So, you can continue to work and children can continue at school.

However, I don't think OHIP continues under implied status.

I am going to check on it just now, whether or not it's linked to the expiry of your work permit.
--

Ok, here's an article in this regard from McCarthy Tétrault's site. Read the section "Work permit renewals" which explains why it is important to have the process completed in advance of the expiry of your existing work permit, particularly in the context of your health cover.

http://www.mccarthy.ca/article_detail.aspx?id=2065

Last edited by hfxns; Dec 8th 2007 at 3:56 am.
Old Dec 8th 2007, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarahad
how are you doing anyway?
xx

Hiya Sarah

Doing well -now settled in own house by the Coullees, very tired at the mo as just started work and getting ready by inlaws who arrive in 12 days

Gaynor
x