Relatives

Old Jul 14th 2005, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

boracay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relatives

If I have aunts/uncles in Canada do I need to submit the birth certificate not only of my aunt/uncle but also of my mother/father ?
Old Jul 14th 2005, 6:12 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Relatives

Yes, you need to submit set of birth certificates conclusively proving claimed relationship. In case of aunt or uncle you need to submit aunt's or uncle's birth certificate and birth certificate of your parent who is a sibling of claimed relative - both birth certificates must show that you parent and aunt or uncle have same parents or parent.

But you must also submit proof that aunt or uncle really live in Canada - their Canadian passport or PR Card, Provincial driver's licence, Health card, utility bills, employment or school attendance record, etc.

Originally Posted by boracay
If I have aunts/uncles in Canada do I need to submit the birth certificate not only of my aunt/uncle but also of my mother/father ?
Old Jul 14th 2005, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

boracay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Yes, you need to submit set of birth certificates conclusively proving claimed relationship. In case of aunt or uncle you need to submit aunt's or uncle's birth certificate and birth certificate of your parent who is a sibling of claimed relative - both birth certificates must show that you parent and aunt or uncle have same parents or parent.

But you must also submit proof that aunt or uncle really live in Canada - their Canadian passport or PR Card, Provincial driver's licence, Health card, utility bills, employment or school attendance record, etc.
My wife has a sister in Toronto while I have an aunt and an uncle in Vancouver. Can we just submit the complete papers for my wife's sister (for which their birth certs are sufficient since such will show they have common parents) and submit my aunt's and uncle's papers (birth cert and citizenship cards) and just submit my mom's birth cert later on ? I understand that no matter if you have 1 or 100 relatives, you will be awarded the same points.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:40 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Obe relative is all what's needed. Claim the easier one to prove.

Originally Posted by boracay
My wife has a sister in Toronto while I have an aunt and an uncle in Vancouver. Can we just submit the complete papers for my wife's sister (for which their birth certs are sufficient since such will show they have common parents) and submit my aunt's and uncle's papers (birth cert and citizenship cards) and just submit my mom's birth cert later on ? I understand that no matter if you have 1 or 100 relatives, you will be awarded the same points.