Wikiposts

Relative died while waiting

Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

claire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really nice
Default Re: Relative died while waiting

What is the best way to tell them ... email? .. letter? or shall I wait for my 90 day letter?

Thank you to everyone so far

Claire
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:04 am
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Relative died while waiting

Originally Posted by live to ski
Hey Claire

My great uncle died in May at the grand old age of 98.

He had even written letters to everyone who should know, eg, bank manager, utility companies, the local council, meals on wheels, pension office...... and all my father had to do was put the date on them and post them off.

Sad, but great to know that they've both had a wonderful inn'ings and are ready to move on to whatever awaits them. (oh no, starting to well-up again)
These old dears are fantastic- my father died at the ripe old age of 94 some 5 years ago. He had typed a list of people to tell/ring when he passed. Plus an old address book. The list had a chap in Oz with a surname that was similar to ours but for one letter. When I asked my mum who it was she said "Its your father's illigimate son!! What a rascal! It turned out he had briefed his son that when he got a letter he would know before he opened it that he had passed because of the error in son's name. His surname was the same as mine in reality!

I rang him to find he was my age and had moved out from the UK when he was in his 20s!