Wikiposts

Relative died while waiting

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

claire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really nice
Unhappy Relative died while waiting

Hi

Relative in Canada, AOR Feb 2005

I included my elderly aunt on my application, sadly she has passed away. Shall I write to update my application. May also be short on points now

Plus ... We have purchased a house and a building plot in Nova Scotia. Can we go over as a visitor for 6 months and build a house to sell or would this be classed as working?

thank you

Claire
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:27 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relative died while waiting

Sorry about your Aunt...If she was mentioned on the application I would update it. Checking out a dead person might slow things down. Im surprised that an Aunt is close enough to be worth points.

As long as you are not being paid to work, I suspect its OK.

Last edited by iaink; Oct 3rd 2007 at 7:33 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:29 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by claire600
Hi

I included my elderly aunt on my application, sadly she has passed away. Shall I write to update my application. May also be short on points now

Plus ... We have purchased a house and a building plot in Nova Scotia. Can we go over as a visitor for 6 months and build a house to sell or would this be classed as working?

thank you

Claire
I'm sorry I can't help, just wanted to pass on my condolences to you and your family
Terese
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

claire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really nice

Thank you, I am sure that my aunt qualified as a relative as I had to prove she was and obtain birth certificates ect.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

thank you

Claire
Sorry Claire, I can't answer your questions, but just wanted to say sorry to hear your sad news and i hope everything will work out for you.

best wishes,
Tina
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Hi Claire

Sorry to hear your sad news. Yes an aunt does count as we have gained points through my aunt being here. I too had to prove that she was my dad's sister through birth certs etc.

Hope everything goes well for you

Pete
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:35 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear of your Aunt passing. Tough time for all. My condolences.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 10:43 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

You are correct. Unfortunately you cannot count her for points now.

My sympathies.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
You are correct. Unfortunately you cannot count her for points now.

My sympathies.
I thought they had to count the points at the time of applying, ie if you were 49 when you applied and 52 when they looked at your application you would loose points for being older. Surely the same should happen in this sad situation? After all its not the same as being sponsored by a relative.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:53 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daft batty
I thought they had to count the points at the time of applying, ie if you were 49 when you applied and 52 when they looked at your application you would loose points for being older. Surely the same should happen in this sad situation? After all its not the same as being sponsored by a relative.
There was another person on here a while back which the same situation happened to them. The surviving Uncle was only related, of course, by marriage, and therefore didn't add the points. I am only going off the situation this other person faced which, by my recollection was identical. I believe it is both at application and assessment stage.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:57 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daft batty
I think its more to do with family being a help to support you in finding a job, settling in, that sort of thing. Dead rellies are useless for all that unfortunately
Old Oct 4th 2007, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Thank you everyone for your sympathy and answers.

My aunt was 83 and a war bride. She travelled to Nova Scotia on a ship for 5 days with two young children to meet her husband. She spent over 60 years living in Canada with her 8 children. God bless her She was happy to tell everyone how she had arranged her funeral, paid for it, chosen the coffin, outfit and even had her headstone engraved with just a space left for the date she died ... She always said when I go, all they will have to do is dig a hole and put me in it!

Anyway thanks again

Claire
Old Oct 4th 2007, 6:39 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

thank you

Claire
Hi Claire

Sorry to hear about your Aunt.

Just out of curiosity where abouts in Nova Scotia did you buy/are planning to move to?
Old Oct 4th 2007, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Hi there, thank you

Our house in in three mile plains, Windsor and our one acre building plot in in Falmouth near the ski slope and golf course. We just completed on the land yesterday and it did cost the hefty proce of $52,000 CAD but it is a great area where houses are selling for $400,000.

We managed to get a mortgage secured on our first home out there. Our family tenants rent will nearly cover the repayments. We do not own anything in the Uk but feel like property magnets in Canada

Cant wait to go .. missing our wood stove

Claire
Old Oct 4th 2007, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone for your sympathy and answers.

My aunt was 83 and a war bride. She travelled to Nova Scotia on a ship for 5 days with two young children to meet her husband. She spent over 60 years living in Canada with her 8 children. God bless her She was happy to tell everyone how she had arranged her funeral, paid for it, chosen the coffin, outfit and even had her headstone engraved with just a space left for the date she died ... She always said when I go, all they will have to do is dig a hole and put me in it!

Anyway thanks again

Claire
Hey Claire

My great uncle died in May at the grand old age of 98.

He had even written letters to everyone who should know, eg, bank manager, utility companies, the local council, meals on wheels, pension office...... and all my father had to do was put the date on them and post them off.

He even pre-paid for his funeral in 1998 and you wouldn't believe how much inflation there has been in the cost of funerals since then!

Sad, but great to know that they've both had a wonderful inn'ings and are ready to move on to whatever awaits them. (oh no, starting to well-up again)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.