Wikiposts

Relationship Proof

Old Jun 6th 2017, 9:12 am
Just Joined

andrewjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relationship Proof

Hello,

Wondering if anybody can provide some help with regards to proof of relationship to sponsor.

Bit of background, spent 2 years in Canada on IEC visa and had applied for PR, during this time I met my now wife (Canadian Citizen), my PR was rejected due to immigration not giving me the points for my Canadian work experience, this dropped me below the points threshold at the time.
Due to this I moved back to England, so continued the relationship long distance. We have had 5 different trips the past year and a half to see each other in different countries, so have some proof there.

We got engaged on holiday in March and just recently in May just the 2 of us went to Vegas and got married. We had always planned to get married however we moved it forward so we could both hopefully be back together sooner and get on with our lives together.

The difficult part now is finding enough proof for her to sponsor me, we were together for 6 months in Canada before I moved back, but we never officially lived together, I still had a place although I was pretty much living with her the whole time.
Due to me being back in England we don't have any joint rental agreements, utility bills or joint bank accounts.

Would the evidence we have be enough? We have friends and family who know us both willing to write letters on our behalf, we speak every day via Whatsapp and Skype when time difference and work allows. We are just very worried right now because we feel not having officially lived together might cause problems.

Any help, questions or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Jun 8th 2017, 4:07 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relationship Proof

So if you look at the checklist, it'll be very clear on whether or not you're going to have enough proof.

First question, Are you living together. You say no.

Do you have a child together? No.

Is this a first marriage? Presumably yes.

Have you and your sponsor been married 2 years? No.

You then have to move to the second section of points as you did not answer Yes to all 4 questions.

Provide:

1) Photos of your wedding, engagement, celebrations, outings, etc. Cool, you can do that.

2) One document from THREE of the following:
-joint ownership or lease
-joint utilities
-important documents showing the same addresses
-important documents showing you are recognized as each other's spouse (e.g. insurance benefits)
-documentary evidence of financial support between sponsor and applicant
-letters, social media, etc showing public acknowledgement of your relationship

Obviously you can't provide the first 3, thus you MUST provide the bottom 3.

Because you are not living together, you MUST also provide:

1) letters, printed texts, emails, social media conversations, etc between you and your sponsor (max 10 pages)

2) proof of visits (airline tickets, boarding passes, entry-exit stamps, etc)

It sounds like you can provide both those bottom ones.

So as long as you can tick off all those boxes, you should be fine.
Old Jun 15th 2017, 2:41 am
Just Joined

andrewjc is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the reply, makes things clearer!

For the following point;

What kind of evidence do they require for this? We have both paid jointly for holidays, I pay for one, she pays for one, can that kind of documentation be used or do they require something else entirely?

Thanks once again!
Old Jun 15th 2017, 2:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewjc
Thank you for the reply, makes things clearer!

For the following point;

What kind of evidence do they require for this? We have both paid jointly for holidays, I pay for one, she pays for one, can that kind of documentation be used or do they require something else entirely?

Thanks once again!
Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki

HTH.