Rejection of Student Visa

Old Aug 16th 2013, 9:38 am
Just Joined

hoonhooning is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rejection of Student Visa

I'm an international student who has applied for a student permit twice already. I got rejected both times because they said I had not convinced an officer that I would leave at the end of my stay. The two factors were the fact that I had contravened the conditions earlier in my life and that my mom had applied for permanent residency and had gotten rejected. Right now my only purpose is to graduate high school and study for two years before moving back to finish my studies. The earlier mishap of contravening had happened when I was around 10 years old, nearly a decade ago and when I was not allow to make my own choices about life. For the second factor, I had documents that state that I can apply for a student permit without the influence of my mother's rejection. Plus my mom has a stable job now and she never thought about moving back to Canada.
Is there any law that can help me trump their decisions about my stay? How can I authenticate my purpose here? Will I need a lawyer? My family can't really afford one...
Old Aug 16th 2013, 10:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rejection of Student Visa

Sounds like it's not going to happen. Forget Canada and find a degree you can do somewhere else would be my advice.

Good luck.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 1:41 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

just out of curiosity, how old are you?
if you haven't finished high school but managed to contravene visa conditions 10 years ago?

if you were a minor then I don't know how they can hold that against you.
otherwise something doesn't add up here
Old Aug 16th 2013, 2:35 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
if you haven't finished high school but managed to contravene visa conditions 10 years ago?

Just a guess, included in refugee claim by parent, included in removal order.
Old Aug 17th 2013, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

My mother didn't know that she had to update my status as well. It was a shortwhile and I was a minor.. Would they hold it into consideration?
Old Aug 17th 2013, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell

Oh and I'm 19 this year. I got into high school late. Is there anyway around it? I would really appreciate some good advice. Thank you!!
Old Aug 17th 2013, 9:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoonhooning
Oh and I'm 19 this year. I got into high school late. Is there anyway around it? I would really appreciate some good advice. Thank you!!
Why can't you just study elsewhere, why does it have to be Canada? That's what CIC will be asking themselves with your history, and I can't say I'd blame them. Unless you can come up with a compelling reason for studying in Canada rather than one of the other 50 or so countries you could choose, I'd reject you too tbh.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Rick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'd reject you too tbh.
Bad day or something? Thats a little harsh considering we all know the stress and heartache it takes to do any kind of immigration........
Old Aug 18th 2013, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Why can't you just study elsewhere, why does it have to be Canada? That's what CIC will be asking themselves with your history, and I can't say I'd blame them. Unless you can come up with a compelling reason for studying in Canada rather than one of the other 50 or so countries you could choose, I'd reject you too tbh.
I paid for my tuition and they are not going to give me a refund and the post secondary I had wanted for nearly all of my school life is here. I just need a few years. I'm trying to find the right documents to support my claims. I just need a little push. Advice about it would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 6:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Rick b
Bad day or something? Thats a little harsh considering we all know the stress and heartache it takes to do any kind of immigration........
No, just looking at it from CIC's point of view. I don't know where the OP is from but I suspect it's one of the countries that CIC deem a high fraud country, and after two rejections there's no way (IMO) to get a student visa a third time if trying with his history.
Old Aug 18th 2013, 6:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by hoonhooning
I paid for my tuition and they are not going to give me a refund and the post secondary I had wanted for nearly all of my school life is here. I just need a few years. I'm trying to find the right documents to support my claims. I just need a little push. Advice about it would be greatly appreciated.
As said above, my advice is to forget it and study elsewhere. I'm not sure why you paid the fees after two visa rejections already? But if you really want to try for a third time then my only advice would be to hire a lawyer - this is not a DIY project unless you want a third rejection on your file.