Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

REJECTION NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REJECTION NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old May 23rd 2012, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future
Default REJECTION NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well what we feared has just happened, we've had email from our consultant telling us we've been refused visa's I am so shocked and saddened beyond words........

My consultant explained that visa officer has made crucial mistake!!

Visa officer has awarded only 15 points for Education section, where I believe I acheive full 20 points (14+ years study!!!)

I HAVE BEEN REFUSED PR VISA'S, WHILE BEING IN A HIGHLY DEMANDING FIELD OF WORK FOR CANADA FOR THE SAKE OF:

2 YES 2 (TWO) POINTS SHORT???

What a ridiculous/stupid person this visa officer must be. They mentioned in their letter that they did not feel they needed to refer the application to their Program manager?????

Does anyone have any idea's of what can be done quickly.

I do not feel this is a big enough reason to be dragged 1-2 years into an appeal court etc ( cost, time wasted etc )

I will not give up my family's dream that easily!!!

Bal
Old May 23rd 2012, 6:15 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: REJECTION NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont have any answers for you - sorry. I just wanted to say how sorry I am you have recieved this news. Lets hope there is a way forward for you.
Old May 23rd 2012, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
I dont have any answers for you - sorry. I just wanted to say how sorry I am you have recieved this news. Lets hope there is a way forward for you.
Many thanks miss Clinique, if I am ignored by CIC London it will be a GENUINE miscarriage....................
Old May 23rd 2012, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Read this thread re appeals
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...g+cic+decision
Old May 23rd 2012, 8:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, what a shame. Definitely fight it though if you're sure they've miscalculated your points and made a mistake. If you should have scored 20 (so presumably a degree or 2 yr diploma/apprenticeship?) and supplied proof of your education, then hopefully they'll realise they cocked up.

Best of luck to you, keep us posted.
Old May 23rd 2012, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yes thankyou, I was aware of Jobop's progress but although the decision is the same in my case there is a mistake by visa official. will try a letter also and see outcome, can't hurt anymore ay!!
Old May 23rd 2012, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Don't know what to say - gutted for you. Try to fight it all the way.
Just don't get how a job which is in demand, and has had a very low cap rate, is not still required yet you have been turned down, Canada needs the labour

All the best and hope it works out
Old May 23rd 2012, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

you can appeal and get it sorted.
Old May 23rd 2012, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Will they listen at London CIC, that's what I'm worried about however, taking it all the way to Judicial Review-appeal could take a very long time ??

Any thoughts ? does it take 12+months or could it be sooner???
Old May 23rd 2012, 8:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You can appeal, but I would also write urgently pointing out that they've made a mistake and ask them to put your application back in to processing. That does work sometimes and will save you the hassle of a formal appeal.

What education do you have exactly, are you 100% sure they've made a mistake with your points?
Old May 23rd 2012, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Just a quick one
Is it a english or canadian officer,as they might not have taken 12 years of school
Old May 23rd 2012, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can appeal, but I would also write urgently pointing out that they've made a mistake and ask them to put your application back in to processing. That does work sometimes and will save you the hassle of a formal appeal.

What education do you have exactly, are you 100% sure they've made a mistake with your points?
Well according to our agent, he is sure they have made mistake there, so basically after finishing high school I completed a ONE YEAR BTEC CERTIFICATE in Science then completed a TWO YEAR BTEC DIPLOMA IN SCIENCE. Following that I attended Liverpool John Moores University for 3 years!!??

Does this normally suffice 14 years or max points education??
Bal
Old May 23rd 2012, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by graham and george
Just a quick one
Is it a english or canadian officer,as they might not have taken 12 years of school
Well I don't really know to be honest?? but surely either way they should be trained enough to assess all applications.
Old May 23rd 2012, 8:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Bal uk
Well according to our agent, he is sure they have made mistake there, so basically after finishing high school I completed a ONE YEAR BTEC CERTIFICATE in Science then completed a TWO YEAR BTEC DIPLOMA IN SCIENCE. Following that I attended Liverpool John Moores University for 3 years!!??

Does this normally suffice 14 years or max points education??
Bal
You say you 'attended Liverpool John Moores University', but what qualification did you get there, was it a degree?

The BTECs may be considered like A levels, i.e. just part of your secondary education and not worth any extra points, but a degree will definitely count.
Old May 23rd 2012, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You say you 'attended Liverpool John Moores University', but what qualification did you get there, was it a degree?

The BTECs may be considered like A levels, i.e. just part of your secondary education and not worth any extra points, but a degree will definitely count.
I didn't complete the degree but the Btec's 2+1 years were based at a Technology college after high school, which I was told by 3 different Immigration consultants totalled max. points for PR application. ( I approached 3 different agents before choosing present agent ).

Do you think they scored down lower for that reason??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.