Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:33 pm
Lyles

Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Wow! Just read the whole thread! Who needs, East Enders, Desperate Housewives or Nip Tuck when you've "The Thread!"".

C'mon Tia and Crafty. Lets see you two "shake hands"...pleeeeease!

L

Old Apr 15th 2005, 11:50 pm
Lyles

Oh sorry! I got so carried away by the banter. Crafty...I forgot to mention. As you have a rejection letter, does the officer's name appear on the letter? We were rejected a couple of years back and the officer's name was on the letter. I'm just wondering if you can speak with them directly. We didn't make an attempt at appealing as we were caught by the new points coming into force, so we knew we didn't stand a chance.

As they rejected your application BEFORE you even managed to get your additional documents in, which they asked for, it seems a bit odd. I'm sure by now, you've gone through the points system again, if you still believe they have awarded you the wrong points and considering the request for further documentation, perhaps there WAS a mistake. Like someone mentioned earlier, CHC can make mistakes.

Going back to trying to speak to the officer directly, I think I recall there being a name directory on the answering service on the London Visa Office. If you know the name of the officer, you may be able to reach them using this. But I would only recommended this on the basis that: 1. they asked for more information and rejected before they received the information and; 2. you score sufficient points. Even if you are one point short, they are highly unlikely to consider your application. Think we were one or two short (before they lowered it) and we were rejected.

Good luck. Go for it. I know how you are feeling! I felt sick and angry when we were rejected. You kinda take it personal, but don't. They're just doing their job. If you don't have enough points, you or your husband could probably knock up some time on an evening course in a year to add to your education to gain sufficient points.

Wishing you the best of luck.

L

Old Apr 16th 2005, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lyles
Oh sorry! I got so carried away by the banter. Crafty...I forgot to mention. As you have a rejection letter, does the officer's name appear on the letter? We were rejected a couple of years back and the officer's name was on the letter. I'm just wondering if you can speak with them directly. We didn't make an attempt at appealing as we were caught by the new points coming into force, so we knew we didn't stand a chance.

As they rejected your application BEFORE you even managed to get your additional documents in, which they asked for, it seems a bit odd. I'm sure by now, you've gone through the points system again, if you still believe they have awarded you the wrong points and considering the request for further documentation, perhaps there WAS a mistake. Like someone mentioned earlier, CHC can make mistakes.

Going back to trying to speak to the officer directly, I think I recall there being a name directory on the answering service on the London Visa Office. If you know the name of the officer, you may be able to reach them using this. But I would only recommended this on the basis that: 1. they asked for more information and rejected before they received the information and; 2. you score sufficient points. Even if you are one point short, they are highly unlikely to consider your application. Think we were one or two short (before they lowered it) and we were rejected.

Good luck. Go for it. I know how you are feeling! I felt sick and angry when we were rejected. You kinda take it personal, but don't. They're just doing their job. If you don't have enough points, you or your husband could probably knock up some time on an evening course in a year to add to your education to gain sufficient points.

Wishing you the best of luck.

L

Hi Lyes,

We have someone's name and have written to them at the CHC. We don't expect a reply yet. In the meantime, we're waiting for other documents to arrive and plan to go to one of the emigration shows next month and speak to someone there about our file, as we feel that we can prove we have the points to pass.

If all else fails then we will apply again, and in the meantime we'll both go back to college to study and get the necessary points to make sure we pass next time. We will also look into the PNP as some previous posters suggested.

Cheers