Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Old Apr 13th 2005, 6:23 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
If you bothered to read back through the posts on this thread you will notice that I have actually thanked people for their support and ideas.
Err......you have thanked some people. The rest you have told to bog-off and start their own thread.

What I don't like is your sarcastic comments in saying stuff like "ha, ha, you must be a newbie".
That was not sarcastic, that was a joke.

So, what yes I am and I've learnt a lot from these forums, including that some people can be bloody rude.
What like telling people who are trying to help you, to go away and keep off your thread?

At no time have I said I own this forum or this thread. Where did you get that idea from?
See above answer.

No one is suggesting you have not had a shock - and we all acknowledge this, however if you read back over this thread you will see that you have had nothing but encouragement from EVERYONE on here.

Enjoy your evening.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 12:37 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

I think you're been extreamly hard on Craftbanshee here.
There's nothing worse than when a post get's hijacked and the original meaning of the posting get's changed. She wasn't abusive or anything, just asked politly if a new post could be created for the new subject.
FFS she's just had some life altering news here, its not the time to jump on her back and rub her nose in it.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:03 am
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bleech
I think you're been extreamly hard on Craftbanshee here.
There's nothing worse than when a post get's hijacked and the original meaning of the posting get's changed. She wasn't abusive or anything, just asked politly if a new post could be created for the new subject.
FFS she's just had some life altering news here, its not the time to jump on her back and rub her nose in it.
I agree with you ..........i felt she was being rather nice if you consider the shock she has had. I can never understand what people get out of being overly rude.

Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

pak2 will become famous soon enoughpak2 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Craftybanshee,

I was so sorry to hear your post. You develop an affinity with those AOR's close to your own. As you were slightly infront of us in the pile at the CHC we looked to you for guidance for when we might hear something. It was quite a shock to see that you had been rejected. The image of ducks in a shooting gallary comes to mind and I just worry that I will be next. One way or another I should know soon (no envelope yet!). I hope that you will still be able to pursue your dream, it may take a little longer but that will just make it all the more special when you achieve it.

Thinking of you,

Phil
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

I do not wish to get into the argument about who is being hard on who, or who is being rude to who, but I still do believe that the change in the thread to employment is relative in this instance. As I said before, if it is likely that an applicant is going to lose points for an incorrect education assessment, they have got to look elsewhere to boost their points total, and a HR approved job offer would certainly do this.

Therefore, I believe that any references made by members of this forum to the work related topic mentioned, should be for the benefit of Craftybanshee and any other applicant that may find themselves in a similar situation.

Originally Posted by buzz365
I agree with you ..........i felt she was being rather nice if you consider the shock she has had. I can never understand what people get out of being overly rude.

Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:42 am

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I think that in this case you're probablly right, but it was going way off topic.
The thing that annoyed me though was the way she was jumped on and the rudeness that she was given. It just seems unfortunatly to be the way the forum has been going recently.
Have you had any more news CraftyBanshee?
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:54 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, I think that in this case you're probablly right, but it was going way off topic.
The thing that annoyed me though was the way she was jumped on and the rudeness that she was given. It just seems unfortunatly to be the way the forum has been going recently.
Have you had any more news CraftyBanshee?
Please clarify the "rudeness that she was given".

She wanted this post to remain a "so sorry" thread and instead people started to try to help her find alternative legal entry into Canada.

Jeez if you think that it is rude of me to explain that this is the nature of all forums, in a light-hearted fashion, then let's hope that you don't come across some of the really arrogant people on here.

If you want to know, I think it was rude of Craftybanshee to tell people to get off her thread when there was a lot of excellent information being passed onto her.

I guess my definition of rude is different from yours.......
Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Please clarify the "rudeness that she was given".

She wanted this post to remain a "so sorry" thread and instead people started to try to help her find alternative legal entry into Canada.

Jeez if you think that it is rude of me to explain that this is the nature of all forums, in a light-hearted fashion, then let's hope that you don't come across some of the really arrogant people on here.

If you want to know, I think it was rude of Craftybanshee to tell people to get off her thread when there was a lot of excellent information being passed onto her.

I guess my definition of rude is different from yours.......

This isn't usually your style Tiaribbon, I'm surprised.
You don't have to explain the nature of internet forums to me, or the term 'keyboard hero'. Thanks very much though.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:21 am
Premium Member

This isn't usually your style Tiaribbon, I'm surprised.
Perhaps not and I apologise if my writing came across in a negative way. I just feel that people have been shunned when they have actually gone to great lengths to try to help.

Please don't misinterpret jocularity for smugness - no-one still going through the process can afford to be smug and I certainly am not. PR is not in the bag until it is in your passport.......I have been in the system for 18 months so I know that full well and make no bones about "it ain't over till the fat lady sings."
Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:50 am

PR is not in the bag until it is in your passport.......I have been in the system for 18 months so I know that full well and make no bones about "it ain't over till the fat lady sings."
Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Bleech & buzz365 - Thanks, I appreciate you coming on here and sticking up for me No more brown envelopes in the post today.

pak2 - your description of 'shooting ducks in a gallery' had me in stitches. Just hang in there, hopefully you won;t have to wait much longer.

Gray C - thanks for your contribution.

Lastly, Tiaribbon - What the hell did I do to you in a former life? Stop putting words in my mouth. You know absolutely nothing about me, and yet you make all these statements about my character! You don't even know what we've been doing these past few days to try and put things right. Not sitting on my arse crying and feeling sorry for myself as you implied in your last post that's for sure.

We're more than happy to look at other options to get into Canada. While I understand I could've come across as rude when I posted about starting a new thread, it was not my intention to offend anyone on here and I apologise for that. I just thought it might have caused some confusion. I can perfectly understand the relevance of this new thread to our situation. You know by how little posts I have that I've not been on here long, yet you still launched into me.

I think you are out of step. Other posters have even said today about your rudeness towards me. Before you say again this is the nature of all forums, it isn't. I've been on several forums like this over the past 2 years and none have been like this. I do enjoy coming on here though because people say it how it really is.

I don't own this thread or the forum, but you don't either! It's here for everyone, as a support network, not a duck shooting gallery at your leisure!

Last edited by Craftybanshee; Apr 14th 2005 at 3:35 am.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 4:03 am
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee

I don't own this thread or the forum, but you don't either!
LOL!! Love your editing - suits my humour perfectly!

In regards to your new quote above, I think if you look through all of my posts I have never told anyone what they can write on this forum or where they want to write it. I couldn't care less whether my threads are hijacked and I would never tell well-meaning people to get off my threads - to me ALL information is good.

Good luck with your appeal - determination and confidence seem to be your strong points so I have no doubt of your eventual success.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

In regards to your new quote above, I think if you look through all of my posts I have never told anyone what they can write on this forum or where they want to write it. I couldn't care less whether my threads are hijacked and I would never tell well-meaning people to get off my threads - to me ALL information is good.

Good luck with your appeal - determination and confidence seem to be your strong points so I have no doubt of your eventual success.

Thank you!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Gill n Neil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya

I have been reading your letters and I think you have really got your head screwed on Tiaribbon, you couldn't of explained anything better but still you keep getting the most pathetic replys back from one particular person. I came here last year with my 2 teenage sons and can tell you first hand of how difficult it was after nearly three years we finally got here & just recently I came across this site and I wanted to put information forward but I will tell you something you are a better person than I because this other person needs to grow up I have never read anthing so damn childish.

I will thank you for trying to keep things on track.

Gill n Neil
Old Apr 14th 2005, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gill n Neil
Hiya

I have been reading your letters and I think you have really got your head screwed on Tiaribbon, you couldn't of explained anything better but still you keep getting the most pathetic replys back from one particular person. I came here last year with my 2 teenage sons and can tell you first hand of how difficult it was after nearly three years we finally got here & just recently I came across this site and I wanted to put information forward but I will tell you something you are a better person than I because this other person needs to grow up I have never read anthing so damn childish.

I will thank you for trying to keep things on track.

Gill n Neil
If you have something to say, why don't you come straight out and say it? You're the one who needs to grow up when you don't even have the guts to name the person you're talking about

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.