Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Old Apr 13th 2005, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

This has confused me somewhat (not hard I know!) but I was always under the impression that the job had to be one that a Canadian could not reasonably be expected to undertake.

I am employed in the financial services industry in the UK and would like to probably become a mortgage consultant when I initially land.

Am I right in thinking that if I am offered a mortgage consultancy role (Human Resources Dept endorsed) this is acceptable, even though the job could easily be done by a Canadian resident?

Can someone clarify this for me

Thanks

Graham

Originally Posted by newlooks
Reddy,

You employer will need to get HRDC validation before you apply for fresh work permit unless the job is under IT pilot project. I m certain this will be the case but Mr Miller can comment on it to clarify

Regards

newlooks
Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Graham:

I am also under simialr impression with reagrd to HRDC validated job offer. Hope the experts would clarify the doubts in this regard.

Reddy

Originally Posted by Gray C
This has confused me somewhat (not hard I know!) but I was always under the impression that the job had to be one that a Canadian could not reasonably be expected to undertake.

I am employed in the financial services industry in the UK and would like to probably become a mortgage consultant when I initially land.

Am I right in thinking that if I am offered a mortgage consultancy role (Human Resources Dept endorsed) this is acceptable, even though the job could easily be done by a Canadian resident?

Thanks

Graham
Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Gill n Neil is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

Graham
Hi Graham

For a job to be validated by HRDC the employer has to prove that they have advertised not just in this Province but Canada wide for that particular position. If it is a skill which is on the shortage list the employer should of advertised for at least 30 days, if the job is not on the shortage list that particular job has to be advertised for 60 days this is to show that no resident of Canada is qualified or suitable for that particular job.

Hope this helps
Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:59 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Thanks Gooding. We would obviously wait until we know for sure, but it would probably take my husband a while to get another job because even though he has years of IT work experience he doesn't have a degree. Agencies he's signed up with previously in the UK have recognised his talents, but some potential employers have rejected his cv because he doesn't have a degree. If all else fails, we will look at both of us getting more qualifications to increase our points, PNP, or work permit?

I'm going to have a then go to later as I'm a bit drained by all of this at the moment. I'm sure we'll feel better by the end of the week.

Thanks for all your support everyone. Will keep you posted on what happens.
Hi Craftybanshee,
I have been following this thread for some time now but have not posted before now. I would like to now say that I am most impressed by the attitude that you guys are showing. I know that if you, or anybody for that matter, put your minds to it your dreams can and will come to fruition. Just ignore any knockers that come your way and do your best.

Best of luck
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:01 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it is correct.

Originally Posted by newlooks
Reddy,

You employer will need to get HRDC validation before you apply for fresh work permit unless the job is under IT pilot project. I m certain this will be the case but Mr Miller can comment on it to clarify

Regards

newlooks
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:11 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You are confusing two completely separate matters.

Only when applying for work permit job offer must be validated by HRSDC (have positive Labour Market Opinion) - and in the process of obtaining LMO employer must document that no Canadian candidate was found despite extensive, nationwide search.

What is needed for Arranged Employment points is a job offer from employer wanting to hire candidate only **after he or she becomes a PR** - thus it will be hiring of a Canadian PR already and as such doesn't require LMO. But it requires positive Arranged Employment Opinion from HRSDC - in this process employer only demonstrates that offer is legit and is sufficient enough to attract and retain Canadians. Evidence of unsuccessful search for Canadian candidate is not required. And this is what I am suggesting to everyone short of points or at risk of being short in case pass mark goes up.

Thanks

Graham
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzRob
Hi Craftybanshee,
I have been following this thread for some time now but have not posted before now. I would like to now say that I am most impressed by the attitude that you guys are showing. I know that if you, or anybody for that matter, put your minds to it your dreams can and will come to fruition. Just ignore any knockers that come your way and do your best.

Best of luck

Cheers OzRob

You deffo have to be singled minded in achieving your goal and not let people put you off. Since beginning our 'journey' we have found out who our true friends are. Some have dropped off, which we have found a bit hurtful. Close family understand our reasons for leaving the UK, but I know they find it hard because of our children.

England isn't such a bad place, we have so much history here and the Canucks I've met love that and our old buildings. Canada appeals to us because of the open spaces, lots to explore and they come across as being more family orientated. I feel more safe there and not so crowded in.

We still feel that we have a lot to offer Canada, and in a nutshell at the start we should've included all this additional information about my hubby's (just passed) A level and my post-secondary education in our original application. I expect proof of my NVQ being post-secondary tomorrow, so will send it onto CHC. They said they would give us 90 days to submit further information so we want to hold them to that as we still feel we can prove we have the necessary points. My husband is waiting for his A Level certificate. All he needs to do is prove to CHC that he has one more year of education.

Thanks for your encouraging post OzRob, it means a lot to us at the moment. I have felt very down this week.

Have a on me.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

With regards to people who have joined this thread recently asking Q's about HRDC validation. Do you think you could start up your own thread please? Otherwise I think there will be some confusion as I'm posting about our application rejection, which is completely different to job validation.

Cheers
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Gill n Neil is an unknown quantity at this point

With regards to people who have joined this thread recently asking Q's about HRDC validation. Do you think you could start up your own thread please? Otherwise I think there will be some confusion as I'm posting about our application rejection, which is completely different to job validation.

Cheers
SORRY!!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Andrew

I think I understand it now

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You are confusing two completely separate matters.

Only when applying for work permit job offer must be validated by HRSDC (have positive Labour Market Opinion) - and in the process of obtaining LMO employer must document that no Canadian candidate was found despite extensive, nationwide search.

What is needed for Arranged Employment points is a job offer from employer wanting to hire candidate only **after he or she becomes a PR** - thus it will be hiring of a Canadian PR already and as such doesn't require LMO. But it requires positive Arranged Employment Opinion from HRSDC - in this process employer only demonstrates that offer is legit and is sufficient enough to attract and retain Canadians. Evidence of unsuccessful search for Canadian candidate is not required. And this is what I am suggesting to everyone short of points or at risk of being short in case pass mark goes up.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:01 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers
Hahaha!!! You must be a newbie! The nature of this forum is that conversations will always spin off......and actually from what I have gathered these conversations may be of great benefit to you with a refused application.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Hahaha!!! You must be a newbie! The nature of this forum is that conversations will always spin off......and actually from what I have gathered these conversations may be of great benefit to you with a refused application.

Yes, thank you soooooo much Tiaribbon for rubbing salt in my wounds! I do hope I will as smug as you one day!

As for my failed application, as far as I'm concerned it isn't over yet!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

I also think that the spin off is relevant. If you lose points for education and it is going to be difficult to get this overturned i think it is important and relevant to explore other means of boosting your points, hence through the validated HR work route

Yes, thank you soooooo much Tiaribbon for rubbing salt in my wounds! I do hope I will as smug as you one day!

Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:17 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

I never suggested it was.

Perhaps instead of classing it as "rubbing salt in your wounds" you may take the time to thank all the others who have actually done something productive in offering their ideas to try to get you into Canada!

You have just insulted a number of people who appear to have completely wasted their time on you........and Andrew who has been helpful in clarifying the options available.

I can't see what smug has to do with what I said - this is a forum and people will chat.......you do not own this forum and you do not own this thread.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
I never suggested it was.

Perhaps instead of classing it as "rubbing salt in your wounds" you may take the time to thank all the others who have actually done something productive in offering their ideas to try to get you into Canada!

You have just insulted a number of people who appear to have completely wasted their time on you........and Andrew who has been helpful in clarifying the options available.

I can't see what smug has to do with what I said - this is a forum and people will chat.......you do not own this forum and you do not own this thread.
If you bothered to read back through the posts on this thread you will notice that I have actually thanked people for their support and ideas. What I don't like is your sarcastic comments in saying stuff like "ha, ha, you must be a newbie". So, what yes I am and I've learnt a lot from these forums, including that some people can be bloody rude. At no time have I said I own this forum or this thread. Where did you get that idea from?

I also accept that maybe the PNP is another option my family can look at if our current option fails. I am still upset at the moment, we've had a shock and are getting ourselves together, so why don't you try cutting this 'newbie' some slack before jumping down my throat. If you want to come back with more comments, please don't bother because I'm not returning to this forum tonight, I would prefer to spend my time and energy on something more positive.

Once again I would like to thank everyone, experts included who have posted and given their ideas and support. You have not wasted your time on me at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.