Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Originally Posted by weener
Hi Craftybanshee

Just reading through your case and my gut feeling is I may be in the same boat as you.
I have also been asked for some more information on my qualifications in which I sent in a couple of weeks ago, and now my e-client has changed to Decision made even with out us having any medicals done so I get the feeling we may also may have not reached the pass mark, especially as your husband seems to have better qualifications than myself.
I'm currently waiting by the letter box in anticipation

Don't give up Weener. As for me I have'nt checked e-client in weeks and I won't be doing it today as we'll be too busy running around trying to sort this mess out.

I might be able to get the 3 points we need to pass with my NVQ3 in Interior Design as it is also seen as an advanced apprenticeship and a BTEC National Diploma. This was confirmed by a Careers lady where I work. I'm going to contact the exam board today and have a chat to them as on my certificate it doesn't say what qualification it is but it is a post secondary level. I don't care what some other posters have said but we're going to Canada and are not giving up without doing our best to put our case forward!

Last edited by Craftybanshee; Apr 10th 2005 at 10:51 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Don't give up Weener. As for me I have'nt checked e-client in weeks and I won't be doing it today as we'll be too busy running around trying to sort this mess out.

I might be able to get the 3 points we need to pass with my NVQ3 in Interior Design as it is also seen as an advanced apprenticeship and a BTEC National Diploma. This was confirmed by a Careers lady where I work. I'm going to contact the exam board today and have a chat to them as on my certificate it doesn't say what qualification it is but it is a post secondary level. I don't care what some other posters have said but we're going to Canada and are not giving up without doing our best to put our case forward!
Hi

I wish I had your enthusiasum. My immigration lawyer wil put forward my case agin if/when i get refused, so wil have to see how it all turns out. Otherwise wil have to start thinking about option B, (life in the UK)
Old Apr 11th 2005, 5:18 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Dont panic yet, decision made can mean anything including they have sent medical requests, not just rejection.
as you have used an agent they must have thought you stood a good chance in first place.
Good luck

Originally Posted by weener
Hi Craftybanshee

Just reading through your case and my gut feeling is I may be in the same boat as you.
I have also been asked for some more information on my qualifications in which I sent in a couple of weeks ago, and now my e-client has changed to Decision made even with out us having any medicals done so I get the feeling we may also may have not reached the pass mark, especially as your husband seems to have better qualifications than myself.
I'm currently waiting by the letter box in anticipation
Old Apr 11th 2005, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Gill n Neil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I came on here a couple of weeks ago and mentioned a letter we'd got from CHC asking us for more info. regarding our education. We sent them some more documentation and a covering letter saying that we were waiting for more proof from schools/colleges regarding our credentials and would send them within the 90 days CHC had given us to do so.

Imagine our shock when on Friday we get a rejection letter from the immigration officer dealing with our case We are devastated to say the least, as are our children. We were/are still getting information together and didn't expect this to happen, which in our opinion is premature! We have posted them another letter which they should get tomorrow morning saying that we want to appeal against their decision and the reasons why. We feel that my husband should get 20 rather than 15 points for his education. We spoke to an officer at the first Sandown show we attended to get her to assess us to see if we would reach the 67 passmark for Skilled Workers. At the end of the assessment the officer scored us at 70 points. She said she would give my husband 20 points for his education, which included 2 years of a HND and his A levels, even though he had failed the A levels. My husband told me yesterday that he actually passed one of his A levels, but they gave him an O level grade. I have done A Levels as a mature student and she said she would award me 3 points for those. Yet, in our rejection letter I was given 0 points for them (it would appear I'd have to have a Diploma before I scored the minimum of 3 points) and my husband 15 points as she will only give him 11 years of education (up to 16 years). We are still committed to emigrating to Canada, and if our appeal is unsuccessful we will look at other options.

Can anyone offer advice please?
Hiya

Sorry to hear your news, going through the immigration process can be a nightmare. I am Gill we moved to Saskatchewan Canada last year with my family we love it here. I just thought that if you continue to have problems with CHC have you thought of seeking employment and getting a permanent job offer, then applying for temp work permit then later apply for the pnp. If you need help finding work contact us our business is resettlement and recruitment.

Good luck

G & N
Old Apr 11th 2005, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Harold will become famous soon enoughHarold will become famous soon enough

Hi

Sorry to hear about your news. Same thing happened to me a few years ago. But don't lose heart - there's always a way.

I applied for Australian PR, but was rejected because of my qualifications and lack of work experience. I had an HND and had worked in IT (network admin) for 4 years - but they said that only 2 years of it were 'good enough'. We were really gutted, as I'd studied for the HND for the purpose of migrating. Luckily I studied while working, so didn't exactly waste 3 years.

However, we were still determined to migrate somewhere! So I quit my job and did 1 year top up to a degree, and have been working as an analyst/programmer since. Sure it takes time to upgrade your qualifications - but we did it with the realisation that we still couldn't apply for a year or two and that other circumstances can easily change your decision/future.

Since then we visited Canada and absolutely loved the place - and have since put a PR application to CHC London. Let's just hope we've got enough points to complete the whole process! We're just trying to get on with our present day lives and trying not to let the application and potential move dominate our lives (easier said than done some days!). Still can't resist checking e-client at least once a week!

So if you really do want to move to Canada then just do whatever it takes. I hope you're successful with your appeal or whatever action you take next.

Good luck.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harold
Hi

Sorry to hear about your news. Same thing happened to me a few years ago. But don't lose heart - there's always a way.

I applied for Australian PR, but was rejected because of my qualifications and lack of work experience. I had an HND and had worked in IT (network admin) for 4 years - but they said that only 2 years of it were 'good enough'. We were really gutted, as I'd studied for the HND for the purpose of migrating. Luckily I studied while working, so didn't exactly waste 3 years.

However, we were still determined to migrate somewhere! So I quit my job and did 1 year top up to a degree, and have been working as an analyst/programmer since. Sure it takes time to upgrade your qualifications - but we did it with the realisation that we still couldn't apply for a year or two and that other circumstances can easily change your decision/future.

Since then we visited Canada and absolutely loved the place - and have since put a PR application to CHC London. Let's just hope we've got enough points to complete the whole process! We're just trying to get on with our present day lives and trying not to let the application and potential move dominate our lives (easier said than done some days!). Still can't resist checking e-client at least once a week!

So if you really do want to move to Canada then just do whatever it takes. I hope you're successful with your appeal or whatever action you take next.

Good luck.
Thanks. We know we will probably have to do what you've done, should our appeal not be successful. We will also be more financially secure if we have to wait another couple of years.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

zider is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you looked at any of the Provincial Nominee programs...maybe you or he has some skill on a demand list that can get you PNP? After all, somewhere, was a it Saskatchewan or Manitoba was looking for cooks, hog farmers and truck drivers, for example.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Gill n Neil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zider
Have you looked at any of the Provincial Nominee programs...maybe you or he has some skill on a demand list that can get you PNP? After all, somewhere, was a it Saskatchewan or Manitoba was looking for cooks, hog farmers and truck drivers, for example.

Have you looked at any of the PNP programs lately? The program has been open to all trades and skills. I think people need to realize that Saskatchewan is starting to catch on.

There is employment skills required in all sectors just look for them.

Plenty of towns and Communities around like anywhere but for instance have a look at www.lumsden.ca this is one of top ten best towns not in Saskatchewan but in Canada.

Have you ever been to Visit Saskatchewan or Manitoba? Its just a pity that this lovely Province is under promoted.

Saskatchewan is the sunniest Province in Canada and is known to be one of the most affordable places to live. Winters they say are the coldest but we have experienced this past winter and didn't think it was that bad of course we realize it could be worse but at least you have fresh blue skies with the sun shining.
So much better than grey skies, raining and damp..

Thanks for your reply it was good to hear .

Gill n Neil
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gill n Neil
Have you looked at any of the PNP programs lately? The program has been open to all trades and skills. I think people need to realize that Saskatchewan is starting to catch on.

There is employment skills required in all sectors just look for them.

Plenty of towns and Communities around like anywhere but for instance have a look at www.lumsden.ca this is one of top ten best towns not in Saskatchewan but in Canada.

Have you ever been to Visit Saskatchewan or Manitoba? Its just a pity that this lovely Province is under promoted.

Saskatchewan is the sunniest Province in Canada and is known to be one of the most affordable places to live. Winters they say are the coldest but we have experienced this past winter and didn't think it was that bad of course we realize it could be worse but at least you have fresh blue skies with the sun shining.
So much better than grey skies, raining and damp..

Thanks for your reply it was good to hear .

Gill n Neil
Yes, we will probably look at the PNP as another option if our current route fails. The only Provinces we've visited are BC & Alberta.

I'm still feeling shell-shocked from the news. There was nothing in today's post from CHC. I don't expect a response for a while yet.

Hubby and I are trying to keep each others spirits up, though we feel like we're in limbo again. However, I made one change to my life today, I handed in my notice at my work. I've not been happy there for the past few months and am fed up with the commute. I've signed up at a couple of local agencies as a temp. I'm trying to persuade hubby to work closer to home too, as I think it will be better for him.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:19 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

Maybe not a good idea to get your husband to jack his job in at this stage, if he is main applicant. If there is any glimmer of hope for you at this immediate moment from CHC. In view of the fact you were asked to provide more info, then before you could they sent rejection letter. I would have thought the least they could do is offer you a chance to plead your case within an interview.
If their decision is final, then maybe husband could leave his job. But as the application seems to take into consideration the type of job you are doing and how long for, at the application stage, it may not help, if you start leaving jobs, at least until you are sure their decision is final.

Yes, we will probably look at the PNP as another option if our current route fails. The only Provinces we've visited are BC & Alberta.

I'm still feeling shell-shocked from the news. There was nothing in today's post from CHC. I don't expect a response for a while yet.

Hubby and I are trying to keep each others spirits up, though we feel like we're in limbo again. However, I made one change to my life today, I handed in my notice at my work. I've not been happy there for the past few months and am fed up with the commute. I've signed up at a couple of local agencies as a temp. I'm trying to persuade hubby to work closer to home too, as I think it will be better for him.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gooding
Maybe not a good idea to get your husband to jack his job in at this stage, if he is main applicant. If there is any glimmer of hope for you at this immediate moment from CHC. In view of the fact you were asked to provide more info, then before you could they sent rejection letter. I would have thought the least they could do is offer you a chance to plead your case within an interview.
If their decision is final, then maybe husband could leave his job. But as the application seems to take into consideration the type of job you are doing and how long for, at the application stage, it may not help, if you start leaving jobs, at least until you are sure their decision is final.

Thanks Gooding. We would obviously wait until we know for sure, but it would probably take my husband a while to get another job because even though he has years of IT work experience he doesn't have a degree. Agencies he's signed up with previously in the UK have recognised his talents, but some potential employers have rejected his cv because he doesn't have a degree. If all else fails, we will look at both of us getting more qualifications to increase our points, PNP, or work permit?

I'm going to have a then go to later as I'm a bit drained by all of this at the moment. I'm sure we'll feel better by the end of the week.

Thanks for all your support everyone. Will keep you posted on what happens.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

Thanks Gooding. We would obviously wait until we know for sure, but it would probably take my husband a while to get another job because even though he has years of IT work experience he doesn't have a degree. Agencies he's signed up with previously in the UK have recognised his talents, but some potential employers have rejected his cv because he doesn't have a degree. If all else fails, we will look at both of us getting more qualifications to increase our points, PNP, or work permit?

I'm going to have a then go to later as I'm a bit drained by all of this at the moment. I'm sure we'll feel better by the end of the week.

Thanks for all your support everyone. Will keep you posted on what happens.

If you do apply again under the skilled worker class, your husband may want to consider taking a short course in French and getting 3 to 4 points for very basic French. This may be a shorter and easier route, than trying to upgrade his qualification to degree level.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:52 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobody will get any points just for taking French course. In order to get points for any level of French a non-French speaking person must pass TEF test. And for basic level the maximum is only 2 points. Not really worth the effort.

I strongly suggest directing all that effort towards finding a job offer from Canada that may get positive Arranger Employment Opinion from HRSDC (employer doesn't need to prove that no Canadian was found for this) and such job offer will bring 10 points in Arranged Employment factor plus possible 5 points in Adaptability factor. This is the best way to boost application.

Originally Posted by shriver9
If you do apply again under the skilled worker class, your husband may want to consider taking a short course in French and getting 3 to 4 points for very basic French. This may be a shorter and easier route, than trying to upgrade his qualification to degree level.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point

Andrew,

You suggested the poster in question to find a job offer (HRDC confirmed) in Canada to boost his/her points. You also stated that employer does not need to prove that no Canadian was found for such job.

I have a questin here for you. The thing is that I am currently on post-graduate work permit which is vaild until Nov 2005. I am expecting my immigration process to conclude well before the expiration of my work visa.

However, taking the worst case scenario, if I do not get my PR before Nov 2005 but my employer is willing to continue my employmen, would I be able to apply for fresh work permit? If so, how should I proceed and what are the things my employer has to do from his side?

I would appreciate your expert advice on this matter.

D Reddy

Last edited by reddy_cd; Apr 13th 2005 at 12:09 am.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:21 am
London, UK

newlooks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by reddy_cd
Andrew,

You suggested the poster in question to find a job offer (HRDC confirmed) in Canada to boost his/her points. You also stated that employer does not need to prove that no Canadian was found for such job.

I have a questin here for you. The thing is that I am currently on post-graduate work permit which is vaild until Nov 2005. I am expecting my immigration process to conclude well before the expiration of my work visa.

However, taking the worst case scenario, if I do not get my PR before Nov 2005 but my employer is willing to continue my employmen, would I be able to apply for fresh work permit? If so, how should I proceed and what are the things my employer has to do from his side?

I would appreciate your expert advice on this matter.

D Reddy

Reddy,

You employer will need to get HRDC validation before you apply for fresh work permit unless the job is under IT pilot project. I m certain this will be the case but Mr Miller can comment on it to clarify

Regards

newlooks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.