Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:47 am
  #1  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: SW England
Posts: 1,491
Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Hi All,

I came on here a couple of weeks ago and mentioned a letter we'd got from CHC asking us for more info. regarding our education. We sent them some more documentation and a covering letter saying that we were waiting for more proof from schools/colleges regarding our credentials and would send them within the 90 days CHC had given us to do so.

Imagine our shock when on Friday we get a rejection letter from the immigration officer dealing with our case We are devastated to say the least, as are our children. We were/are still getting information together and didn't expect this to happen, which in our opinion is premature! We have posted them another letter which they should get tomorrow morning saying that we want to appeal against their decision and the reasons why. We feel that my husband should get 20 rather than 15 points for his education. We spoke to an officer at the first Sandown show we attended to get her to assess us to see if we would reach the 67 passmark for Skilled Workers. At the end of the assessment the officer scored us at 70 points. She said she would give my husband 20 points for his education, which included 2 years of a HND and his A levels, even though he had failed the A levels. My husband told me yesterday that he actually passed one of his A levels, but they gave him an O level grade. I have done A Levels as a mature student and she said she would award me 3 points for those. Yet, in our rejection letter I was given 0 points for them (it would appear I'd have to have a Diploma before I scored the minimum of 3 points) and my husband 15 points as she will only give him 11 years of education (up to 16 years). We are still committed to emigrating to Canada, and if our appeal is unsuccessful we will look at other options.

Can anyone offer advice please?

Last edited by Craftybanshee; Apr 10th 2005 at 1:01 am.
Craftybanshee is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:05 am
  #2  
Premium Member
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Ontario.
Posts: 1,928
Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

That seems most odd! Asking for documents and then rejecting you before they have even received the documents. I hope it is just a mistake and that one of the experts on here can help you further.

They are not infallible at CHC - they asked me to send some documents which I knew were not needed and I wrote twice to them to ask if this was an error, eventually they wrote back and said that I didn't need these documents. I really, really hope this is the case here and I am sorry. I hope you manage to get it sorted out.
Tiaribbon is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:09 am
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
 
wensamjam's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Fall River, Nova Scotia.
Posts: 551
wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Hi All,

I came on here a couple of weeks ago and mentioned a letter we'd got from CHC asking us for more info. regarding our education. We sent them some more documentation and a covering letter saying that we were waiting for more proof from schools/colleges regarding our credentials and would send them within the 90 days CHC had given us to do so.

Imagine our shock when on Friday we get a rejection letter from the immigration officer dealing with our case We are devastated to say the least, as are our children. We were/are still getting information together and didn't expect this to happen, which in our opinion is premature! We have posted them another letter which they should get tomorrow morning saying that we want to appeal against their decision and the reasons why. We feel that my husband should get 20 rather than 15 points for his education. We spoke to an officer at the first Sandown show we attended to get her to assess us to see if we would reach the 67 passmark for Skilled Workers. At the end of the assessment the officer scored us at 70 points. She said she would give my husband 20 points for his education, which included 2 years of a HND and his A levels, even though he had failed the A levels. My husband told me yesterday that he actually passed one of his A levels, but they gave him an O level grade. I have done A Levels as a mature student and she said she would award me 3 points for those. Yet, in our rejection letter I was given 0 points for them (it would appear I'd have to have a Diploma before I scored the minimum of 3 points) and my husband 15 points as she will only give him 11 years of education (up to 16 years). We are still committed to emigrating to Canada, and if our appeal is unsuccessful we will look at other options.

Can anyone offer advice please?

Hi Craftybanshee,
I'm reallly sorry to hear that, don't understand it atall. I would of thought they would at least have called you for an interview. We were called for an interview in Feb. They wanted to know more about my education, I had done a 2 year part-time diploma, she wanted to know if i studied most of it in a classroom or within a school setting. Also my work experience. But we gave us 20 and our agency also agreed. So I did 12 years school plus 2 years apprentership. But must admit this is where (for us,) an agency came in and really helped. Maybe look at contacting an angency get them to go through your points again. Good Luck with your appeal, keep us posted with your progress.
wensamjam is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:14 am
  #4  
little snowy owl
 
Alberta_Rose's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,921
Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Crafty,

How devastating for you!!!

I do hope you are able overturn the decision on appeal, or that you find another way to fulfill your dream. Good luck!

Morw
Alberta_Rose is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:15 am
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: SW England
Posts: 1,491
Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
That seems most odd! Asking for documents and then rejecting you before they have even received the documents. I hope it is just a mistake and that one of the experts on here can help you further.

They are not infallible at CHC - they asked me to send some documents which I knew were not needed and I wrote twice to them to ask if this was an error, eventually they wrote back and said that I didn't need these documents. I really, really hope this is the case here and I am sorry. I hope you manage to get it sorted out.

Thanks for answering We sent them some documents which we hoped would clarify some of the questions they had, but we also stated quite clearly in the letter that we would be sending them more documents when we had got them from other people. I was amazed that they had acted so swiftly, even though the officer had acknowledged our last letter and documents. We feel like she has jumped the gun before she has all the evidence in front of her and we are sure we can prove that my husband should have the 20 points. We feel bad for our kids as we've not long been back from Canada, and we showed my son a school that he really likes. We feel like we've given him a prize and now taken it away from him

We'll see what our letter to the immigration officer brings? We've asked them for an interview as well.

I wanted to add that we are do-it-yourself applicants.

Last edited by Craftybanshee; Apr 10th 2005 at 1:19 am.
Craftybanshee is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:56 am
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
Woodstock62's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 610
Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

I am so sorry for you!!

I really feel that to decide like that when they don't have all the evidence they asked for is out of order, to say the least.

You stand your ground and fight to put all your documentation before them.
The inconsistancies of the CHC are one of the things I find really difficult to deal with. You were told at Sandown you had enough points but then this happens!

Stay positive and keep us informed.

Take Care,
Woodstock62 is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:29 am
  #7  
keep checking....
 
mhhp's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: was Switzerland/Germany now BC Canada
Posts: 1,440
mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Thanks for answering We sent them some documents which we hoped would clarify some of the questions they had, but we also stated quite clearly in the letter that we would be sending them more documents when we had got them from other people. I was amazed that they had acted so swiftly, even though the officer had acknowledged our last letter and documents. We feel like she has jumped the gun before she has all the evidence in front of her and we are sure we can prove that my husband should have the 20 points. We feel bad for our kids as we've not long been back from Canada, and we showed my son a school that he really likes. We feel like we've given him a prize and now taken it away from him

We'll see what our letter to the immigration officer brings? We've asked them for an interview as well.

I wanted to add that we are do-it-yourself applicants.
I am not an expert, so there is not much for me to say, but that I feel for you and hope you find a way to turn this around. It is horrifying to hear this, and I think you are doing the right thing by fighting. It just does not make sense.

I whish you all the good luck in the world, and keep fighting
mhhp is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:39 am
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
frankieforehead's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Cochrane Alberta
Posts: 909
frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

I think I can speak for everyone, who will read this post....We are ALL truely Gutted for you and hope that your appeal will not fall on deaf ears...This may be the time to speak to a Lawyer. try migrationmatters.com
Best wishes and good luck.
Frankieforehead
frankieforehead is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:54 am
  #9  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

I'm sorry to hear about refusal. But it seems that you were mislead by "officer" at the show who gave you 20 points for "A" levels. "A" levels are not post secondary level education, it is a secondary level education only.

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Hi All,

I came on here a couple of weeks ago and mentioned a letter we'd got from CHC asking us for more info. regarding our education. We sent them some more documentation and a covering letter saying that we were waiting for more proof from schools/colleges regarding our credentials and would send them within the 90 days CHC had given us to do so.

Imagine our shock when on Friday we get a rejection letter from the immigration officer dealing with our case We are devastated to say the least, as are our children. We were/are still getting information together and didn't expect this to happen, which in our opinion is premature! We have posted them another letter which they should get tomorrow morning saying that we want to appeal against their decision and the reasons why. We feel that my husband should get 20 rather than 15 points for his education. We spoke to an officer at the first Sandown show we attended to get her to assess us to see if we would reach the 67 passmark for Skilled Workers. At the end of the assessment the officer scored us at 70 points. She said she would give my husband 20 points for his education, which included 2 years of a HND and his A levels, even though he had failed the A levels. My husband told me yesterday that he actually passed one of his A levels, but they gave him an O level grade. I have done A Levels as a mature student and she said she would award me 3 points for those. Yet, in our rejection letter I was given 0 points for them (it would appear I'd have to have a Diploma before I scored the minimum of 3 points) and my husband 15 points as she will only give him 11 years of education (up to 16 years). We are still committed to emigrating to Canada, and if our appeal is unsuccessful we will look at other options.

Can anyone offer advice please?
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:54 am
  #10  
The ECA Godfather
 
MJ23's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver / Seattle
Posts: 839
MJ23 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

I'm very sorry to hear this I was actually hoping that you were pulling a prank like the one I did a while ago

I really think it is a good idea at this point to hire a good lawyer. It seems that there is a huge missunderstanding. I don't think you can afford another missunderstanding at this point, so I think you need professional advice at this point.

Good luck to you, and I will be looking forward to seeing a thread from you when all of this is straightened out Keep your head up!
MJ23 is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:59 am
  #11  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: SW England
Posts: 1,491
Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
I think I can speak for everyone, who will read this post....We are ALL truely Gutted for you and hope that your appeal will not fall on deaf ears...This may be the time to speak to a Lawyer. try migrationmatters.com
Best wishes and good luck.
Frankieforehead

Thanks Frankie and cyberhugs to you all. We need all the support we can get at the moment. I go from hope to despair and am trying to be positive for my husband. He doesn't need any more stress at the moment. At least we have each other, I think that is most important. Someone I know, who has been in Canada for more than 2 years now once said to me "emigration is like being on a roller coaster". It definitely is with regards to your emotions. This is the most stressed we've felt yet.

We won't give up without a fight and if the appeal fails we will look at other options to achieve our dream. Thanks for the website link and all the best to you Frankie for your immigration to Canada.
Craftybanshee is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2005, 4:10 am
  #12  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: SW England
Posts: 1,491
Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
I'm sorry to hear about refusal. But it seems that you were mislead by "officer" at the show who gave you 20 points for "A" levels. "A" levels are not post secondary level education, it is a secondary level education only.

Thanks for posting Andrew. My husband does has post secondary qualifications, but the problem seems to be the length of time he was at school and his A level grades (he told me yesterday that he passed one at a low grade). This award has not been mentioned on our application. In the rejection letter the officer has awarded him points on him being at school for 11 years and doing O Levels only, when in fact he was at school for a total of 13 years and studied at A Level. As for me, after reading through the copy of our application I realise that CHC would only award me points if I had a Diploma and therefore I know my A levels don't count even though I studied as a mature student (darn frustrating though).
Craftybanshee is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2005, 4:31 am
  #13  
JAJ
Retired
 
JAJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 34,649
JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Thanks for posting Andrew. My husband does has post secondary qualifications, but the problem seems to be the length of time he was at school and his A level grades (he told me yesterday that he passed one at a low grade). This award has not been mentioned on our application. In the rejection letter the officer has awarded him points on him being at school for 11 years and doing O Levels only, when in fact he was at school for a total of 13 years and studied at A Level. As for me, after reading through the copy of our application I realise that CHC would only award me points if I had a Diploma and therefore I know my A levels don't count even though I studied as a mature student (darn frustrating though).

With all due sympathy, if you are serious about taking the matter further you need the assistance of an experienced professional to review your case and tell you what the options are - appeal (which may not be possible), reapplication or both.


Jeremy
JAJ is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2005, 4:34 am
  #14  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: SW England
Posts: 1,491
Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Originally Posted by JAJ
With all due sympathy, if you are serious about taking the matter further you need the assistance of an experienced professional to review your case and tell you what the options are - appeal (which may not be possible), reapplication or both.


Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy, we are going to speak to someone tonight who can give us some advice, then we will take it from there.
Craftybanshee is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2005, 5:03 am
  #15  
Every day is a new day...
 
amancharan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 1,610
amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rejection Letter - We Are Gutted

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Thanks Jeremy, we are going to speak to someone tonight who can give us some advice, then we will take it from there.
I am appalled to hear that too crafty!!
I hope that u get on with ur appeal as quickly as possible and then hear postive results....
best of luck to u for anything u do....
amancharan is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.